ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Shoot the Breeze Here
Thread views: 146126 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
draagonstorm
(Stranger)
01/11/08 11:31 PM
Re: Welcome to the Nightmare! new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Oh, don't even get me started on 'PUBLIC SCHOOL',  My kids were home schooled, and both are college grads... By son has a master degree.  I'm 52 years old now, and I had only 3 years of productive schooling in 5th, 6th and 7th grade when I went to a small private school.... but in my 8th grade year, my Father was sent to Vietnam (he was a helicopter pilot).

My way of rebelling was to study to get D's on a constant level... I was REALLY bored!

As far as the US is concerned! I'm all for the USA (I'm a Female United States Air Force Veteran) But, it's written in our Constitution to stop things when they are getting to carried away.......

No more said.

DraagonStorm

dadchamp
(Member)
01/12/08 02:49 PM
Re: Welcome to the Nightmare! new [re: draagonstorm]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Seen the news lately? I'll almost bet our glorious Mr. Bush (I refuse to call someone who bought the office, President) is going to try his damdest to have us in a war with Iran before he leaves office. Just watch ... it's already starting and he's all but said that's what he is planning on doing ... what a going away present for the USA. More of his $h!t to clean up.

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

LACEnterprises
(Stranger)
01/13/08 11:34 AM
Re: Welcome to the Nightmare! new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hey, had a thought....what about going back to school?

Pick a course of study that will add to your professional skill base, go part time and apply for every grant possible. Sometimes it's easier to get education grants than it is to get food money. Then you'll be getting income, broadening your skill base and still leaving time to continue your work search, good luck with that BTW.

Or you could become an illegal alien gender confused minority with a disability and 10 kids to get some help.

"Disclaimer: The preceding statement was NOT directed at any particular person or group other than the governing body that denies aide to anyone that is truly in need."

The system is badly broken and the school route may be a good option to help you get back on your feet.

dadchamp
(Member)
01/13/08 07:15 PM
Re: Welcome to the Nightmare! new [re: LACEnterprises]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Been there, done that ... the school gig that is.

That's what landed me in Hollywood. I came out here on student loans to go to the LA Film School. While I'm out here, my wife (now EX) didn't bother to monitor or collect rent for the house I was renting to support me while I'm in school ... it went into foreclosure and I lost EVERYTHING! I found out when I went to apply for my second line of loans for personal assitance and paying for projects and was turned down because of the foreclosure on my property. I just about went insane! Because of that I ended up defaulting on my first line of student loans and now I can't get anything ... The last seven years of my life have been pure hell! And, this is the real wing dinger, I can't even get student assistance having been a veteran. I was in during the Reagan years and the a$$ cancelled the GI Bill while I was in the Air Force ... so I don't qualify for military student loans either. Talk about being $h!t and shoved in it ...

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

Panthia
(Member)
01/14/08 07:02 AM
Re: Welcome to the Nightmare! new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Ummm......I don't think I could home school my kids without hurting them.......

One county over from us you have the smallest county in TN with the Jack Daniel's Distillery in them there hills......They have a top notch public school system.  Jack Daniel's will fund anything educational wise as long as its helpful to the students.  They pay for any special resource teachers that may be needed.  Like the speech teacher for my youngest that I pay out of pocket for. 

Now my county.....we have an Air Force Base, Nissan, and a whole host of Nissan parts makers.  We pump in twice the money as Lynchburg to the school system, pay higher taxes all across the board......our education system sucks.  Oh had to have the biggest high school in the state.....built it only for half way thru they finished a bigger one elsewhere.  They paid lowest bidder, getting lowest quality work (4 years later, things already having to be redone), our state test scores dropped...We have 14 football coaches for a team that lost all but 4 games last year.  Our director of schools has created more bull positions for wifes of friends than any one around us.  Now they want to raise county taxes and pass a wheel tax for more money for schools.  But they don't fix issues that are important like the kids and learning.  They've mishandled the last $14 million we gave em....The state of TN ranks in the lowest for education.  But I will have to say this.  The middle school that my oldest is in has a really good group of teachers.  They come in before time and stay late to tutor anyone who needs help.  I get a daily email from the office with any updates.  And for the most part they have more of a fun attitude that keeps the kids interested and challenged.  And it is the middle school that the other one thinks is trash.  We have 2 middle schools, one rich folks end of the county, then our end where 80% of the families are on reduced lunches due to low income.  Yet we have the highest testing scores and the best sports teams.  We just don't have as nice of clothing....My oldest son likes going to school....

Dadchamp.....it sucks ass how one thing can screw it all up.  I just don't know what to tell you!

dadchamp
(Member)
01/14/08 08:15 AM
Re: Welcome to the Nightmare! new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Panthia, in you area, it's a about time the 80% rose up and bloodied the forrests the remains of the 20% that controls everything. Probably the only way things will ever change in your area. It's a situation where back-hill law and family has to take presidence over what an obviously corrupt government is dictating.

--

Panthia
(Member)
01/14/08 12:44 PM

Oh wait....I was only talking about the school system....corrupt government you really don't want me started on.  We're in the middle of a lawsuit against the city police.......what fun......

dadchamp
(Member)
01/14/08 07:23 PM
Re: Welcome to the Nightmare! new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Can you actually draw a line between a corrupt government and a broken public school system? I thought the two of them scratched each others backs? When my kids were in high school, we knew it was a waste of time to go into the principals office in the afternoon. The vice-pricinpal (apt name) would be swilled out of his mind on JD and sleeping one off in his office and the principal would off in some motel with her latest boyfriend getting boink'd (even though she was married). And I paid these peoples wages with my taxes for what reason?

--

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise