ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 70919 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
michy
(Stranger)
08/26/08 12:51 PM
Turn off comments Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The ability to turn off comments;so the really rude ones like I just received,can't be posted.

michy

Kimber89
(Journeyman)
08/27/08 11:06 AM
Re: Turn off comments new [re: michy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I second the idea of more control over comments.

I would also suggest limiting comments to registered members only, too many "guests" are using abusive language lately.

WalkerofShadows
(Stranger)
08/28/08 12:17 AM
Re: Turn off comments [re: Kimber89]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think more control over comments would be a good idea as well, though admittedly I haven't had any problems so far.

dadchamp
(Member)
08/29/08 07:09 PM
Re: Turn off comments [re: WalkerofShadows]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

That, and comment notification, were two things we asked for within the first two months of this place opening ... we're still waiting. And if I were all of you I wouldn't hold my breath.

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

Goldenthrush
(Newbie)
08/30/08 11:18 PM
Re: Turn off comments new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think that would be helpful in the case of people lately who've been mean for the sake of being mean.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
09/03/08 11:52 AM
Re: Turn off comments [re: Goldenthrush]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi All ... I've never seen this implemented on an other site on the web.  Can any one here point me to a site that allows uploaders to turn off the ability for othes to comment?  I'm open to exploring the idea but don't want to jump in and implement this until I have more input and information.  Thanks for your help ....

jedswindells
(Stranger)
09/05/08 02:36 AM
Re: Turn off comments [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi,when you upload to Renderosity you can cancel comments and/or ratings!

Kimber89
(Journeyman)
09/06/08 01:54 PM
Re: Turn off comments new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'ts usually done for blogs. At Rendo, their freestuff doesn't have any comment field but you could look at the gallery section & options where one can disable comments.

If it cannot be done, then disable comments for guests like the ratings.

An example of abusive comments from "guests"

http://www.sharecg.com/v/27681/poser/RC_Consrtuction-Kit.zip

HoboBo
(Stranger)
09/06/08 02:55 PM
Re: Turn off comments new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Here is another typical example:

Example

HoboBo

xantor
(Stranger)
09/12/08 01:58 PM
Re: Turn off comments new [re: HoboBo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I wouldn`t remove my files because of one bad comment, especially if it is unfair or wrong, I would either just ignore it, or give them an equally bad reply.

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise