ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 61593 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
tabbycat
(Stranger)
02/22/10 02:09 PM
Let us see who rates us Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think Sharecg.com should let us see who rates us and those that rate us should have to give a reason or they can't rate us.  Their user names should be logged as well.

One of my items got rated really low and I have no idea why.  

This person may be mad with me so they may be rating anything I do low which is unfair to all of us that post items, free items, on sharecg.  Or this person might be attacking the wrong person or they are jealous, you never know, right ?  What keeps a rating person like this from rating low if they are not held accountable ? 

But mostly, I would like to know what their beef is.   If their beef is real, then my understanding of their point of view can make me a better artist.  

Tabbycat

3DCheapskate
(Stranger)
05/03/10 03:12 AM
Re: Let us see who rates us new [re: tabbycat]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Maybe it would be more useful to see how many people have rated you?

Currently if you hover over the rating stars, a small 'hint' box with a number from 1-10 appears (depending on which star you hover over, and whether you hover over the left/right of it). I don't think that's what's intended!

Perhaps the 'hint' was meant to say "Rated 1 by 3 people", "Rated 2 by 25 people", etc?

That would definitely be more useful!

Cyberwoman
(Stranger)
05/09/10 08:36 PM
Re: Let us see who rates us new [re: tabbycat]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

As I said on the other thread, I don't care as much about seeing who has rated me but I would really like to see reasons for ratings. As a fairly new content distributor, I've made a few mistakes and every time I see a lower rating, I think "What did I do wrong? If someone would tell me, I'd figure out how to fix it."

Flesh_Forge
(Stranger)
06/12/10 10:57 AM
Re: Let us see who rates us new [re: Cyberwoman]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

There's at least one person who runs around and gives bad ratings for no apparent reason in certain categories (morphs and "superhero" stuff seem to attract this) - if someone gives you a bad rating and doesn't bother to leave a comment, take it with a grain of salt.  I think ratings are handled anonymously here, I don't know if they record names for who rated any particular item, which would be unfortunate.  It doesn't really make much sense, not like cash is being handed out for highest ratings (thank god, so easy to manipulate that kind of system).

Comments are the best kind of feedback, and number of downloads is a pretty good indicator (at least for the packaging and presentation).

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
06/21/10 05:03 PM

Hi All --- Just FYI we always send email to the person who was commented on that includes an email link to the person who made the comment.  I think this really covers this issue.    (However, in a small number of cases people have changed their email addresses and these don't reach the intended party.  But, you should also receive  their username.)

Flesh_Forge
(Stranger)
07/01/10 01:29 PM
Re: Let us see who rates us new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This does not work. For example I got no such notice of a bad rating stuck on this model:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/42387/Poser/Dark-Sorceress-Dress-V4-Mk-2

I get notifications that someone made a comment, but no email address is given, and no notification is given for ratings.

TBH it kind of chaps my ass to work very hard on a model and rig that is better than most things you can buy, and have some [censored] come along and give it a 1.  You need to chase these people doing this away.  I don't expect everyone to rate everything I do at 5, but wtf, why do you want this kind of thing happening?

TheBlindBat
(Stranger)
07/01/10 02:21 PM

I just sent an e-mail with some ideas before I even discovered the forums. Embarassed

I suggested a trim the extremes idea where the top and bottom ratings would be dropped from the score. This would help reduce the effect of any artificial scores. Some places trim the top/bottom 10%, others a fixed amount...

Flesh_Forge
(Stranger)
07/01/10 03:18 PM
Re: Let us see who rates us new [re: TheBlindBat]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

When whoever is abusing this feature figures out what the new low threshold is they'll just use that instead.  They ought to just be IP banned and gotten rid of, frankly.

Worth noting:  I DO NOT WANT the email address of someone who gives me a minimum rating on a premium item like some of the things I've posted here.  We don't have anything to talk about.  If you folks aren't interested in curbing this kind of malicious crap then tbh you ought to just turn the ratings system off and use # of downloads for whatever ranking nonsense you feel compelled to track.

Flesh_Forge
(Stranger)
07/02/10 01:34 AM
Re: Let us see who rates us new [re: Flesh_Forge]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

once again, no notification is sent when you are rated

http://www.sharecg.com/v/42400/Poser/Outrageous!-Monokini-V4-Mk-2

didn't get a notification for the rating - actually ratings, because someone had rated it a 5 at first, and then your resident shitbird gave it a 1.  At any rate getting an email notification in a case like this is not useful, really you should chase these people away.  I'm certain the content I post here brings you a lot more money than the guy running around giving shitty ratings to everyone.

DavidJHanna
(Journeyman)
07/02/10 08:33 AM

I think that anyone posting a rating should also be required to post a comment.  If no comment is posted, the rating is automatically deleted.  If the comment is gibberish, then a ShareCG Admin could be notified, and the rating and comment could be manually deleted.  Otherwise, the member who uploaded the content, could respond to the comment in the comment section of the web page.  If the comment is "Don't download, It's A Virus!", the member can reply that the file has been checked, and does not contain a virus.  At other web sites (like Download.Com), when I check the ratings, I also check the comments.  If the comment doesn't make sense, or doesn't apply to me (E.G. "Doesn't run on Mac!"), I ignore that rating.  This not only helps the member to fix any problems with their upload, it also helps visitors get a truer picture of the pros and cons of the download.

-David

Flesh_Forge
(Stranger)
07/03/10 07:45 AM
Re: Let us see who rates us new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If you're actually tracking what IP address rate a given thing, then it would take you a couple of minutes to find out exactly what IP address(es) is/are doing this for large numbers of items - and if you're not tracking this by IP address you obviously want it to be abused.  Let's have some response about this please.  If you're not interested in fixing this problem then I'm not interested in giving you my content.

Flesh_Forge
(Stranger)
07/07/10 07:34 AM
Re: Let us see who rates us new [re: Flesh_Forge]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Okay, this doesn't seem to be an issue you care to do anything about, so I guess I'll remove my stuff.  One less place to list my freebies I guess.  If you ever start giving a [censored] about this problem in the future maybe I'll come back, thanks.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
07/15/10 04:21 PM

Hi All ..  This is far from being an issue that we don't care about.  We do care.  We just have limited resources, and we're making lots of site updates in our 'spare' time.

In a day our so you'll be able to see how many people rate each object, which will give you a better idea of the value of the rating. 

Also, David Hanna's suggestion that we only let people who comment, rate is a good one and I'm trying to get some Engineering time allocated to this issue.  I've put it into the Engineering task schedule and hope it comes out soon.  As soon as it does you'll see it, and I'll let everyone know here on the forum.

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise