ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 6782 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Shandi
(Stranger)
05/18/11 07:04 AM
Search System is Hosed Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

When using the on-site search system, specifically when using a keyword (I use 'Sadie' as the keyword) the site always freezes up once I get past page 2 of the results. Page 3 doesn't load.  Basically, the browser just sits on page 2 and I watch the loading icon spin forever.

It's not just the search system that freezes up.. it's the entire site.  I can't even get to the home page once this happens.

I've tried to see if it was a localized thing, based on my specific computer or IP,  and once I've done the 'Sadie search' and the site locks up,  the site is unavailable on any other computer here,  nor is it available for my buddies around the world.

For a couple hours, over the weekend,  this issue seemed to go away.  It quickly resurfaced and is still there now.

To 'recreate' (if you can) this problem:

1. Go to any poser related file in the catelog of goodies.

2. Click on 'more poser' above the item description.

3. Type 'Sadie' (or whatever you want) into the keyword search box at the left of the screen

4.  Click on the '2' at the bottom of the results that come up, to load the second page

5.  If the system hasn't already locked up on you,  click the '3' at the bottom of page 2's results

At that point, the site locks.. at least for me.

It's not the end of the world or anything,  I just figured maybe someone at the coding end of the site might be interested to know this is happening.

It could be a variety of things..  I've found that the most common cause of the 'endless spinning and waiting' is some 3rd party advertising blob that is put on the top of a page - and that ad isn't loading, so the rest of the page can't load at all.

Or, it could just be a glitch :)

I've even tried to manually change the page number referenced in the URL and load it up that way, but the page still locks up - the site locks up - and it takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes for it to return to normal.  Even then I can still only get to the first 2 pages of any search results.

Great site otherwise!  Looking forward to learning a lot here :)

Kudos,

S

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
05/21/11 03:46 PM
Re: Search System is Hosed new [re: Shandi]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you for alerting us to this problem. It's the weekend here but I have passed this on to Engineering. I will let you know how this is resolved.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise