ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 7397 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

android65mar
(Stranger)
05/01/13 11:18 AM
Moderators Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I really intensely dislike the impersonal and unhelpful way in which your mods post little red messages over our art work telling us to categorise things very properly and that if we infringe copyright we will be banned blah blah. I am very close to telling you to go f*** yourselves because of this. A message from a human being should be in human language. I really couldn't give a flying expletive if I am banned from this site because this has really got my goat. Any chance of programming your mods with some respect please?

jalex417Moderator
(Enthusiast)
05/12/13 07:33 AM
Re: Moderators new [re: android65mar]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm the founder of ShareCG and I feel your frustration, understand where you're coming from and want to humanize the responses from our moderators.  Here's the interface our moderators use when approving or rejecting each upload:

From your comment it appears that they are taking the easy way out by simply checking one of the reasons without providing a personalized explanatory note.  This sends the user an automatically formatted message that just says, for example, "Your xxx model was rejected for technical issues," without going into any detail.  Because you've brought this to my attention I've instituted a new policy requiring moderators to explain in human English with detail why an upload is rejected. 

An email link is also included in this message so you can respond and converse with the moderator if you disagree or have a point to make etc.

You're right, automated messages without the human touch can be off putting and I feel that this change in policy will improve your experience.

Please feel free to correspond with me directly - david.heller (at) sharecg.com. 

I really appreciate your input since it's already made a difference that will benefit all our members.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise