ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 63416 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Stranger)
04/26/16 05:19 PM
Should ShareCG.com have a Store? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We are investigating an idea to add a store to the site.
 At the store, members will be able to Sell or Purchase Uploads. It requires investment of our resources to develop it.
 We would like to know if members would be interested in the store.

It is important for us to know you if you would like to sell your work? and at what price? or if you would like purchase any uploads.

If the respond to this post is strong, we will proceed.

Thank you

Nitai Fraenkel
Member of Team ShareCG and the developer of this web-site.

Edited by TeamSharecg on 04/28/16 03:33 PM.

HoboBo
(Newbie)
04/27/16 06:17 AM
Re: Should ShareCG.com have a Store? new [re: TeamSharecg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I would be interested :)

HoboBo

Windigo
(Stranger)
04/27/16 06:14 PM
Re: Should ShareCG.com have a Store? new [re: TeamSharecg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Does this not directly contradict point number 6 in your ' About ' section of why people may want to be a member of this site. If you want a store then by all means I support you as long as you start a new site and call it something like "AlmostShareCG" or "ShareCG with Benefits" or similar, a perfect description of all rights reserved = 'or until you cough up some money, the donation thing is not our cup of tea'

I really thought this was one of the last holdout communities against big business like so many other sites. 

At least make the store seperate from an area where many dedicated artists share their items totally unreserved, for poor dunces like myself!

hypnagogia
(Stranger)
04/27/16 08:02 PM

If Sharecg had a store I probably would submit a few models to sell, and it would depend on what percentage I would get as commission. However the majority of what I use this site for would still be for my free stuff.. I still think its important for me to keep sharing as much as I can allow. Sharecg is the only site where I share my work. At the moment I only create a small amount of work to sell at my Daz store.

If I was to purchase a product here I would want to be sure that what I paid for would work properly, so you would need to show some kind of quality control and testing when taking products for a store.

So long as having a store doesn't diminish the amount of free work being submitted - I cant see the harm in having a store section on the site.

TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Stranger)
04/28/16 02:42 PM

We are asking these questions for following reasons:

- Members have asked  us to sell their items on our sites.
- Other members have asked us, how to purchase "All Rights Reserved" items to use in their work.
- Members are asking for additional functionality.
    Developing them will require resources that we just do not have.
    We thought that having a store will help us develop the site further.
- We do not believe that donation will have a significant member contribution.

Edited by TeamSharecg on 04/28/16 03:30 PM.

TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Stranger)
04/28/16 02:53 PM
Re: Should ShareCG.com have a Store? new [re: Windigo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Windigo,

Good points, but we still want to help other members that ask to purchase and sell their restricted uploads. We will not have the resources to develop a new site just for the store, but we will add the store without taking any of the current functionalities.
We probably should add to the browse pages an option to retrieve uploads based on all/free/purchase status.
Also we will restrict the seller to those that we know as quality producers.
Any other suggestions?

Nitai

adp__
(Member)
08/06/16 05:14 AM

Any news on this?

TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Newbie)
08/09/16 11:00 AM
Re: Should ShareCG.com have a Store? new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The store is scheduled to be ready in about 10 weeks. We will give more updates, when we will have more details.

mad48
(Stranger)
08/22/16 10:23 AM
Re: Should ShareCG.com have a Store? new [re: Windigo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I agree with Windigo. Keep it free.

TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Newbie)
08/23/16 09:34 AM
Re: Should ShareCG.com have a Store? new [re: mad48]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

There will be no changes in the current functionalities of the site and as today, member will be able to post their uploads for free.
The new store will allow members the option to place their upload for sale. This effort was as a respond to members looking to purchase upload with unrestricted use.

HoboBo
(Newbie)
01/07/17 02:38 PM

Since nothing has happened in 20 weeks now, I suppose there will be no store??

HoboBo

HoboBo
(Newbie)
01/18/17 03:39 AM
Re: Should ShareCG.com have a Store? new [re: HoboBo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Still no answer after 10 days...

HoboBo

TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Newbie)
01/23/17 11:49 AM
Re: Should ShareCG.com have a Store? new [re: HoboBo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

My apology for the delayed answer.
I was out of the ShareCG site project for couple of months. Other priorities force us to to put this project on hold.

The good news is that I'm back on the project and hope to deliver the store in the next two month.

Nitai

HoboBo
(Newbie)
01/23/17 12:58 PM

OK - Thanks, Nitai! Smile

HoboBo

dyraven
(Stranger)
02/24/17 01:22 AM

Nitai, glad to hear about a ShareCG store. I had several conversations with 'ShareCG David' a while back and we discussed seller requirements. Having content that installs properly was a main concern. I wrote an article in my '3D Digital Art Magazine' about creating Poser/Daz compatible zip files on page 5 and 6 of the Preview issue.

http://www.virtual3d.krown-products.net/modules/myiframe/index.php?iframeid=1/

I would highly recommend having something like this as required reading prior to anyone uploading either free or for sale items. It needs to be updated for the new Daz 4.x versions, but you get the idea.

It may be a good idea to require perspective ShareCG vendors to have posted a minimum number of free items before they can become a vendor, like 3 or more. It could also be based on end user product ratings, like getting a total of 12 stars.

Just my 2 cents.

If the commission rate is decent, I'd add my MeshWorks products to help get things started.

MeshWorks - http://www.krown-products.net/meshworks/index.php

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise