ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 30288 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

gizmo4151
(Stranger)
05/10/17 12:51 PM
Paid Items new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Give us a way to turn of the Pay for content please.

TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Journeyman)
05/10/17 02:03 PM
Re: Paid Items new [re: gizmo4151]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Dear member,
We are carrying the cost of this site for many years. It is a business module that we can no longer  support. If you have other ideas how to support the site, we will be glad to try them and if works to adopt.

Thank you for your feedback.

Team ShareCG

ajdragon
(Stranger)
05/11/17 09:09 AM
Re: Paid Items new [re: TeamSharecg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi

Create a free section and pay section like most CG places do.  As for the "We are carrying the cost of this site for many years" I thought that was covered by all of the ad's you have posted on this site.

Chez01
(Stranger)
05/13/17 08:16 AM
Re: Paid Items new [re: ajdragon]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have major problems downloading from here, most downloads fail part way through and many fail before they start Why would I pay for something here when it is an 80% chance of wasting my money through download failure

manekineko
(Stranger)
05/13/17 10:03 AM
Re: Paid Items new [re: gizmo4151]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

i was about to post exactly the same!

i'm not interested in pay items - for this, i can go to renderosity or daz3d (their quality, at least, is guaranteed).

and since the shop opened, the 3d model section gets every day new models of a type i don't appreciate - barely clothed "ladies" for i dunno what platform - an eye sore imho. does sharecg now cater for weirdo wanky sites? if i want weird, i can go to a [censored] site - which i don't.

so i'd love to skip all this - PLEASE add an interface button to show only free - or pay - or all items.

btw, not adding a button won't change anything in my customer behavior, i.e. i WON'T buy, but my site experience will be accompanied by negative frustration and a waste of time every time, and instead of recommanding your site bringing new members/viewers, which i guess would contribute to your ad revenue, i might rather start complaining about it, with the opposite effect.

let's be honest, we're all here for the freebies - with the OPTION to donate to the creators/artists. if i could afford to pay for my items, i would do so on the 3d sites mentioned above, or similar places... and i CAN'T afford more than food these days, so...

lenno11
(Stranger)
05/13/17 01:06 PM
Re: Paid Items new [re: manekineko]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I too have been disillusioned by fact that the three major sections of the site I normally browse – 3D Models/ Poser/ Daz – are suddenly filling up with pages of items for sale. I did voice my concerns in feedback, but other than changing item #6 in the “About” section – which originally states that all items were 100% free – it seems that decision to allow sales is set in stone now.

When this issue was originally brought up in an earlier post in the forum “Should Sharecg have a store?” the team members seemed to indicate that the “store” would be separate section of the website, and made assurances that the functionality of sharecg would not be affected. While functionality may not have been impacted – the same cannot be said for the user experience here.

I would also be concerned about what guarantees are in place for item people do decide to purchase. I am sure I am not the only one who has been forced to do multiple downloads of some some items due to the files becoming corrupt. If sharecg is going to allow the sale of items – I feel that they should then also make sure that they also guarantee all purchases.

While I understand the desire of artists to make a profit from their creations, there a other sites already set up for that purpose. Having content creators coming here and suddenly filling up the pages with full catalogs of their items for sale is killing the “share” in sharecg.

seanmartin
(Stranger)
05/14/17 06:38 AM
Re: Paid Items new [re: TeamSharecg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I can understand that it's a business decision, and one that I appreciate. A site this big must be a serious hassle to maintain, and you guys have to look for income any way you can.

I think the problem is that, when I opened the Poser section for example, I see some things labeled something like "under consideration for pay", which makes me wonder exactly what that means. Can I download it if it's something I want? Will a price point kick in somewhere down the road? What exactly should I expect here?

As for shuffling the for-pay items off to their own page, perhaps if they werent so top-heavy as they are at the moment, folks might not be as resistant to the idea. But again when I looked at the Poser page, almost everything on the first page was a for-pay item that I could get just as easily at Rosity or DAZ. If you're going to have this kind of stuff, perhaps you should be asking your vendors for items that can be sold on an exclusive basis? God knows, you have the traffic to support that idea.

caravelle
(Stranger)
05/17/17 01:15 AM
Re: Paid Items [re: gizmo4151]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I strongly support this!

Okay, dear sharecg, it was your decision to turn your site into a shop. From the beginning I didn’t really like the idea, but it could be OK for people who occasionally want to sell something of their work. It might even happen that one day I myself will decide to do it - but only if you change the site.

The 3D Models pages host a lot of rather dubious female models, all made by one vendor. For almost a week now I saw none of the usual nice freebies there; maybe nobody wants to place his/her work into such an environment. I am definitely not against sexual content, but this stuff... Another vendor is flooding the Poser and Daz pages with his/her (well crafted, but seemingly very old) products; finding freebies is becoming more and more like searching for Easter Eggs.

I really love(d?) sharecg. Please keep it the pleasant place it has been for many years now. To avoid disappointing your members just open a new shop section, and stop mixing freebies and commercial offers. Thank you.

TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Journeyman)
05/17/17 11:55 AM
Re: Paid Items new [re: caravelle]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You make good points. The sharecg store is still not being worked on and we will certainly take your feedback into account. Give us a couple of months to sort this out.

Thanks for your feedback.

Team ShareCG

caravelle
(Stranger)
05/18/17 12:21 AM

Thank you for considering my proposal; I'll wait patiently... ;-)

EDIT: I didn't see the new red Store before posting this! Wow, that was quick; thank you very much! SmileKiss

Edited by caravelle on 05/18/17 12:24 AM.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise