ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 17060 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

bsperan
(Stranger)
08/06/17 08:50 AM
Signed in for 2 hours instead of 2 weeks! new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

On the login page there is a checkbox for:

"Keep me signed in for 2 weeks unless I sign out."

I always have this checkbox checked. And it used to work as advertised... but not lately. Now it seems to only keep me logged in for a few hours - definitely much less than 1 day. Cry I can only assume that the script responsible for handling this option is broken somehow.

This very frustrating, especially since I usually have several tabs open. Whenever the timer runs out on being logged in, your site automatically redirects all open ShareCG pages back to the home page.

As such, I'm forced to not only log back in, but backpage the other tabs back to what they were before the auto-redirect. One may only consider this a minor inconvenience. But it happens every few hours!

Also, all this pointless page redirection means a lot of wasted bandwidth at your (ShareCG's) expense.

Even if you have no intention of fixing the broken "keep me signed in for 2 weeks" option, at least consider stopping your site code from redirecting to your home page... please.

Nik_52
(Stranger)
09/07/17 01:05 PM
Re: Signed in for 2 hours instead of 2 weeks! [re: bsperan]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Me, too.

I often have a bunch of tabs open; suddenly, they've all jumped back to the front page...

Wet3D
(Stranger)
06/20/18 08:25 PM
Re: Signed in for 2 hours instead of 2 weeks! new [re: bsperan]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

this is still an issue. also come back to tabs with content all get redirected to index.php which is REAL freakin annoying.

scouseaphrenia
(Stranger)
07/15/18 01:27 PM
Re: Signed in for 2 hours instead of 2 weeks! new [re: Nik_52]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Agreed. I find this very annoying also...

TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Team ShareCG)
07/16/18 06:58 AM
Re: Signed in for 2 hours instead of 2 weeks! new [re: Wet3D]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We are apology for the mistake of redirecting ads. Needless to say that we fixed it.

Team ShareCG

Wet3D
(Stranger)
07/20/18 07:26 PM
Re: Signed in for 2 hours instead of 2 weeks! new [re: TeamSharecg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

this has been fixed? with scripting on, i just got redirected to the index page, and signed out. my solution for now is to disable javascript. that alows me to stay signed in, and stay on the desired page(s).

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise