ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 74260 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
raytracer
(Stranger)
06/15/07 12:02 AM
Suggest albums or subdirectories Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I would like to suggest some sort of organizer or album, etc. As of now I've uploaded a lot of my work and refreshing the browser takes a lot of time and scrolling down is slow. But I'm not sure it can be implemented that it will not affect the url target once the pictures are sorted into albums. I wouldn't want to edit my posts in forums since the pictures url's changed.

raytracer
(Stranger)
06/16/07 01:34 AM
Re: Suggest albums or subdirectories new [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Am I the only one having long load times getting requesting content in my uploads? Splitting it to subdirectories or folder might lessen the time of requesting content.

franontheedge
(Stranger)
06/16/07 10:31 AM
Re: Suggest albums or subdirectories new [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

No you're not the only one.  It takes ages to load, and it's very disorganised now (my portfolio, I mean).

I was about to suggest the very same thing.

But with some other ideas too.

I'd also like to see a new category of "Man-made" in the list of categories you can pick on upload.  And to be able to add my items in the portfolio to such a category (where appropriate)  - since I'm never too sure where to put concrete, bricks or roof tiles... they aren't rock, or natural, nor are they really landscape.

It would also be nice if we could have a small image at the top of each folder or category - perhaps showing a selection of what's in each section?  Like a contact sheet. 

raytracer
(Stranger)
06/16/07 06:07 PM
Re: Suggest albums or subdirectories new [re: franontheedge]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I see. Now I'm waiting the page to load almost 2 minutes to refresh my images. I hope having subfolders is easy to implement.

franontheedge
(Stranger)
06/17/07 01:56 AM

I hope so too, if they like the idea.

jakehellerModerator
(Stranger)
06/17/07 04:52 PM
Re: Suggest albums or subdirectories new [re: franontheedge]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It's an awesome idea, but difficult to implement because of the AJAX-nature of the "My Account" section. But it's definitely possible, and we'll make it happen over the coming days/weeks along with comment notifications.

Do you guys have any ideas of how you would like it to be organized? For example, "Only 3D models" can be an option, so can "Sort by number of comments", "last uploaded" (which is how we sort by now), "rating", "views", etc. You can also get more creative with it. We can also have a keyword search, perhaps.

Also, we can take out thumbnails to make it quicker to load.

-Jake

raytracer
(Stranger)
06/17/07 06:05 PM
Re: Suggest albums or subdirectories new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi jakeheller.  I think the subfolders or subdirectories can be  Image Category, 3D model Category.

Image Category - Architecture, Organic, Abstract, Characters, Fantasy, Game Art, Vehicles, Still Life

3D model Category - Architecture, Organic, Abstract, Characters, Fantasy, Game Art, Vehicles, Still Life

This way we only have to navigate to the subfolders we need to add content to. Maybe even adding custom folders will be an option. This idea is similar to Cafepress account management.

I like the text or thumbnail option as well. Might speed up the refresh of the page in my accounts.

franontheedge
(Stranger)
06/23/07 09:49 AM

"Image Category - Architecture, Organic, Abstract, Characters, Fantasy, Game Art, Vehicles, Still Life"

Plus the "man-made" category.

Otherwise, yes to the option for text or thumbnail display - that's a really good idea. 

jakehellerModerator
(Stranger)
06/25/07 12:39 PM

Hi everyone! At least for a start I was able to seperate out the "my uploads" section by page numbers. I'll try to organize it by type, etc, so you can find what you're looking for, but this should help decrease load times.

Best,
Jake

raytracer
(Stranger)
06/25/07 04:44 PM
Re: Suggest albums or subdirectories new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks Jake, I notice the page load was fast and saw that it was now in separate pages. Very clever solution for now. Atleast no more waiting minutes for it to load.

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise