ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 25948 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

lupadgds
(Stranger)
06/15/07 12:12 AM
Suggestion for categories Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi,

I have a suggestion for new categories to upload our stuff. I have much things, for example PaintshopPro Tubes or Photoshop Styles and so on. But where I can upload them? Perhaps a categorie "Others" where good. Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand.

Then, I always look too on the site for textures and so on. But how can I make some portfolio as a favorite?

Oh, why is Poser not in forum-categories? Much people like this program. 

Lupa

Edited by lupadgds on 06/15/07 12:13 AM.

jakehellerModerator
(Stranger)
06/15/07 11:55 AM
Re: Suggestion for categories new [re: lupadgds]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Lupa,

Poser is there, under the application specific stuff (specifically, it's called "e-frontier Poser").

I want to avoid having an "others" section, but maybe I'll have a "brushes" section. Or maybe we should start a whole new site just for 2D? We'll look into it.

One of the challenges is that the top navigation bar is really cramped for space... so we have to be really careful of what we choose to put up there. Perhaps if we hear a lot of people wanting to put up that stuff, we'll add it.

-Jake

lupadgds
(Stranger)
06/15/07 11:10 PM
Re: Suggestion for categories new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you. I think a lot of people want 2d-stuff for free. Laughing

Lupa

raytracer
(Stranger)
06/16/07 06:05 PM
Re: Suggestion for categories new [re: lupadgds]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Lupa, I sent you Pm. Kindly check it out. :)

franontheedge
(Stranger)
06/17/07 02:44 AM
Re: Suggestion for categories new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Is it possible to allow that navigation bar to scroll down? Or wrap around (downwards) if more space for it is allowed UNDER the small bit it has at the moment? It's already a problem for me as I've had to reduce my normal text size on the screen just to see most of it.

If I reduce the text size any more - to see all of it - then I can't read the text at all.

The navigation bar for the watch & learn section already does this - so that the word "models" of '3d models' is under all the rest of the navigation bar and thus works just fine for me.

It's both visible and clickable without me having to muck about changing the text size. Brilliant!

(Another solution to this is to have the navigation bar going down the side of the screen, rather than along the top. The very big sites do this. Or some have drop down menus from simple headings, like from Download & Create you could have Textures, materials, models, software, etc etc and similarly with the other sections.)

I do like the idea of organising the 2D uploads a bit though, it would be nice if the images went into their own category and the textures into their own category as well.

I've suggested organising our portfolios into categories already and I've been wondering about the possibility of doing the same with the textures in the main area of the site as well.

This would be a boon to those people looking for textures I'm sure - I know from personal experience that it's so much easier (and quicker! Which is essential in a fast moving business like 3D.) to look for something on those sites that are well organised - the best for this is Lemog's.

There textures are organised into categories like: Bricks, stone, concrete, natural, paper, cardboard...

And the wood is categorised even more, into: wood bark, wood miscellaneous, wood veneer, wood old, wood plank - and more,

Metals ditto. And lots more.

Now okay perhaps our site hasn't got enough textures yet to usefully use all that many categories, but I do feel it needs to be sorted out into some of them - as I think things are getting a bit messy.

Fran (all the above is just my own opinion, by the way, & I have no idea how easy or difficult it would be to implement any of this.)

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise