ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 94704 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
Jumpstartme2
(Stranger)
06/21/07 02:11 AM
Re: Comment notification new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Jake

I have noticed I have comments on some of my items, but it seems everytime I try and click on anything, I just get taken to an edit area for my item..not to the comment at all. Has the email notifications started yet?

Sorry for being so lost  Laughing

jakehellerModerator
(Stranger)
06/21/07 09:31 PM
Re: Comment notification new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

hmm, good point about that. i'll add a "view" link.

what is keeping us from adding  the e-mail thing is that it takes an addition to the database (at least if we want it to be an option, which i'm sure a lot of members would appreciate), which is actually harder than many might think, especially since we're working on the jobs section, which we hope will be very useful for our members Cool

Jumpstartme2
(Stranger)
06/22/07 02:25 AM
Re: Comment notification new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Oh a view link would be great! Me personally, Im horrible about checking emails outside of my work mail, I tend to go to the sites themselves to check for messeges and so on, so that would work for me..Im sure tho later on the email option would work for others just the opposite of me ;)

Thanks Jake! 

franontheedge
(Stranger)
06/23/07 09:45 AM

Jobs section, Yay!  Gis-a-job!

DavidJHanna
(Stranger)
02/11/08 11:45 PM

Hello jakeheller . 

I agree that email notification for new comments is probably the best way to go.  I only joined about a week ago, and was keeping an eye on my one and only contribution.  After a few days, I wasn’t getting many hits so I linked from Renderosity.  It took a few days to take effect, but when it did, I got nearly 500 hits in the first 24 hours.  One of those hits was a comment.  The comment was really a question.  If I weren’t monitoring my stats daily, the customer would have thought I was ignoring him/her because he/she was not important.  By responding quickly, he/she has a better opinion of sharecg, and is more likely to return and browse the content.  With automatically email, it gives us a chance to answer all of their questions, without missing one or responding to the same one twice.                                           -David

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise