ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 94085 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
raytracer
(Stranger)
06/15/07 08:42 PM
Comment notification new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm not sure if there are any form of notifications when a comment on my uploaded work is made. I think its not allowed to click on my work to inflate my number of views so I really have no clue if someone makes a comment. The only way to know is to click it right now. Maybe some sort of update or pop up, etc can be made in my account.

lupadgds
(Stranger)
06/15/07 11:14 PM
Re: Comment notification [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes, thats my problem too. I confess (I hope it is the right word, my english ... uuuh) I have click on my stuff one time to see the comment. Embarassed I hope Jake can forgive me. I do it never, never again. But I want to see also the comment.

Lupa 

jakehellerModerator
(Stranger)
06/16/07 12:02 AM
Re: Comment notification new [re: lupadgds]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Would you like an e-mail notification, because we can do that pretty easily.

And don't worry about inflating your own views... we really only prosecute serious offenses. Seeing your own work is completely normal and expected.

And I don't know if you have seen this yet, but in the 'my uploads' section, which is undergoing some renovations, it will show how many comments each of your work has, and if you do, when's the last time it was commented on.

max3d
(Stranger)
06/16/07 12:54 AM
Re: Comment notification new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

oh so some people do get comments on their work ;)

emailing letting us know is a good idea, not that i would get any emails anytime soon :) 

lupadgds
(Stranger)
06/16/07 01:00 AM
Re: Comment notification [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes, an e-mail notification was good. Now I go to "my uploads" and have a look.

lupadgds
(Stranger)
06/16/07 01:02 AM
Re: Comment notification [re: lupadgds]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

to max3d: *laugh* I have only 1 comment. And this come from "Yes".

raytracer
(Stranger)
06/16/07 01:30 AM
Re: Comment notification [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Any method of notification is ok with me. I dont want to be seen as ignoring posts. Wink

franontheedge
(Stranger)
06/16/07 10:40 AM
Re: Comment notification new [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

But if you are logged in from your computer, the site recognises the computer's IP address, and so you cannot inflate your own views - I think that's how it works anyway.

What I wanted to know is - is it okay to answer a comment on your own upload? - supposing that someone asks a question or has a problem with the upload?

lupadgds
(Stranger)
06/16/07 11:59 PM
Re: Comment notification new [re: franontheedge]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

That´s a good idea with the answer of a comment.

jakehellerModerator
(Stranger)
06/17/07 04:48 PM
Re: Comment notification [re: lupadgds]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It is perfectly OK to answer a comment. Think of the extension as a forum, except about your uploaded work: it's a place for discussion, and if they ask a question (which they often do), you can respond.

Although we're very busy trying to put together a Jobs section, we're going to try to make upload management and comment notification changes over the coming days/weeks.

-Jake 

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise