ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 33279 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tping
(Stranger)
07/04/07 05:33 AM
ultiple format options Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm not sure of how it's done on the tech side but 3DTOTAL has the multiple format problem solved. If you go to the site and pick the free models you will see an image of the model with the available formats. On download you are given a multiple view of the item. Then, if you decide to download it, you are directed to a multiple choice page where you select the available format most suitable for your use. 

A setup like that would be an ideal solution to one of the problems being suffered on this site.

If anyone in the forums knows how to do this; consider contributing your knowledge to make this a more viable and pleasant to use site.

This has the potential to be a solid growing community site. Keep in mind that, as in any business, a problem solved is money earned.

fusebulb
(Stranger)
07/04/07 07:55 AM
Re: ultiple format options new [re: tping]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

yeah that'll be great, not only 3dTotal, but most of other 3d sites have solved this problem, it is a very necessary thing to do, it will solve a lot of problems, we must put this at the first priority

doaservices
(Stranger)
07/07/07 02:55 PM
Re: ultiple format options new [re: tping]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If there were initatated along with the "paid per download, not view" scheme, this would answer a lot of the issues cropping up.

Now, the question is, can IT implement this into the existing structure with minimal headaches?

Nice thinking, tpring.

vkirchner
(Stranger)
07/08/07 11:51 AM
Re: ultiple format options new [re: doaservices]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I create multiple file formats, place them all in the compressed file.  The header description let's people know what file formats I have provided.  But when I upload, I pick the OBJ file as it is one of the universal formats between programs.  The 3DCommune Admin thanked me for letting people know this in the header, and for providing the file in multiple formats.

tping
(Stranger)
07/08/07 08:09 PM
Re: ultiple format options new [re: doaservices]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Re:doaservices

I agree that "paid per download" is the way to go. The site would still get the ad revenue generated from views while monies paid out would be going to those uploaders providing content people want. That would actually increase the pay outs for successful uploaders, the split should be the same but divided amongst fewer people. An additional benefit to uploaders would be the "trial by fire" of marketability of their products should they be considering developing as CG merchants. Everyone would benefit long term.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise