ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 146534 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
ActiveRendering
(Stranger)
10/13/07 03:38 AM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi,

because I have the same problem with big upload files isn't there a way to handle it? I think perhaps timeout time for a process is way to small so if you have slower upload it will terminate the process. Perhaps you could also enable an ftp-upload for such cases per request? Would be really really nice!

Regards
Sascha

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
10/13/07 04:07 PM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: ActiveRendering]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just FYI --- I checked with our enginering department and they tell me that our server is set to time out after 45 minutes.  This should be enough for most people.  For security, and other reasons, they don't think that it is advisable to extend this.

DavidJHanna
(Stranger)
02/11/08 11:27 PM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

That explains it!  I was goint to mention that the problem with uploading content may not have to do with size limits.  I connect with a 56kb modem, but only connect at 26kb.  I am unable to download anything over a few megabytes before the download fails.  The way the download fails, I cannot continue the current download, but need to restart from scratch.  It may be failing at the 45-minute mark.  Since neither DSL nor cable in available in my area, I will never be able to download any large content from sharecg.  I wonder how many people have logged onto sharecg, only to get fed up and decide to never download from sharecg again.  I was lucky enough to have several successful downloads of smaller files first, so I have only given up on trying to download any large content.  If there was a way around this problem, such as an intermediate web site that files could be sent to and from, this could solve both problems.

-David

catamaran
(Stranger)
05/20/08 10:49 AM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

One solution to at least bypass the download problems would be to allow for resuming interupted downloads, like the use of a Download Manager (FlashGet for example). I'm also astonished to have to find out by sheer coincidence through this Forum Topic about the Time Limit (45 Minutes) for uploading files: This should be clearly stated by ShareCG to anybody attemting to upload files here. I am also guessing that in particular in the so called "Freebie Community" there might be many who can not afford fast Internet and are limited with Dial Up and are therefore more then disadvantaged. At best I can upload 4 to 5 MB per hour (I am also on Dial Up and live in a remote area in Northern Australia) and can only upload here thanks to some friendly help from DAZ Forum Members (I can easy upload to Rapidshare and they upload it for me then here to my Portfolio) but I was also told about the upload problems they had here and just about all files had to be split.

catamaran 

GrandmaPaula
(Stranger)
08/01/08 04:23 AM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: catamaran]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am having the same problem trying to upload a Poser morphs set. This is my first time, too. It gets to stage 2 and that is where it stays. I even left it going for hours and the only thing that uploads is the preview pix.

Paula

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise