ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 21914 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

pauljs75
(Stranger)
09/15/07 03:36 PM
Collaboration projects? new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello all. I'm wondering if anyone has ever considered having a means of collaborating on producing quality 3D content. When it comes to 3D models, my main area of focus is modeling and perhaps UV mapping. (So most models are a .obj, and maybe a bare template type texture map and possibly some so-so demo textures.) Yet sometimes I feel that the overall quality could still be improved further by having proper texturing done and rigging, neither of which I could consider being my strong areas. This way more "finished" content could be released than a somewhat bare mesh needing more TLC before rendertime.

So would it be possible to have projects where the payout and access could be split evenly among content makers that collaborate on a given project? And maybe have some way of taking on offers or networking for such collaboration? Is this even a good idea?

MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
09/15/07 06:08 PM
Re: Collaboration projects? new [re: pauljs75]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If we were doing commercial products, that would be an excellent idea, but for Freebies, I wouldn't reccommend it as a whole. It wouldn't however hurt to sollicite someone to make textures for your freebies and post them here so they could make some denaro for themselves. Money mouth

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

dadchamp
(Journeyman)
09/15/07 06:46 PM
Re: Collaboration projects? [re: pauljs75]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Let's talk off list. I sent you an e-mail about the Starlyte 300.

I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

Axe_Swipe
(Stranger)
09/17/07 12:20 PM
Re: Collaboration projects? new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm wondering about this myself. In my case, I have textures that were created by Kimber89 for which I made the Poser MAT poses.   Now it makes no sense to split these up as the MAT poses are essentially useless without the texture files.

She gave me permission to upload the files under my account, but I'd really like for her to get credit on the views as it is her work as well.

Any possibility of making this an option ShareCG?

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise