ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 94614 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
Beatrice
(Stranger)
09/21/07 05:06 PM
Ads Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am not seeing many ads when I visit here today. None at the top of the page, only the sharecg ad at the right and down at the bottom out of sight the google ads

raytracer
(Newbie)
09/22/07 09:18 PM
Re: Ads new [re: Beatrice]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

you're right. i dont see the banner ad up top. must be a bug.

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
09/23/07 11:50 AM
Re: Ads [re: Beatrice]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Im seeing the banners up top now, but sometimes it really depends on what the advertisers want..sometimes they want their banners displayed in certain places, top, bottom, side,  etc..etc..

Beatrice
(Stranger)
09/23/07 06:04 PM
Re: Ads new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I just wondered if they had lost the bigger advertisers or whether it was a bug as I say all I am seeing are the google ads at the bottom of the page and the sharecg ad at the right hand side

MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
09/23/07 06:55 PM
Re: Ads new [re: Beatrice]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm seeing the ads on the right and the banner on some pages and not others. I'm sure they'll work it out if they want the site to continue getting revenue.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

jakehellerModerator
(Journeyman)
09/24/07 09:12 AM
Re: Ads [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hopefully the ads are back. To help us out, if there's anything that says "please fill out this survey", that is for our advertisers to pick better ads for us.

DreamWarrior
(Stranger)
09/24/07 02:57 PM
Re: Ads [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I still don't see the ads, except for the SCG challenge one, the survey (which I filled) and the small google one at the bottom. Nothing on the top and sidebar.

Also, I've seen a dramatically huge drop in views for my stuff in the last couple of days, which is very unsusual. Could it be that the views that don't display those missing ads are are not being counted?

Barb

MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
09/24/07 03:23 PM
Re: Ads new [re: DreamWarrior]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Drop offs in views happen when everyone who wanted your items have already downloaded them. It's bound to happen eventually with every item we post. It can sometimes help to re-advertise items that are loosing viewership on other sites to bring in more people to your gallery. I don't reccommend readvertising any item that hasn't been online for at least two months already just to avoid spam issues.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

DreamWarrior
(Stranger)
09/24/07 03:39 PM
Re: Ads new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well, it isn't that. I keep track of things and I know views drop if you don't upload anything new in X time and I know that there are different view amounts depending on what kind of stuff you upload are to be expected.

As I already said, the drop I'm referring to is highly unusual. In fact it's the first time it happens since I'm here (like 3 months I think). And it even happened immediately after I uploaded a couple of items that are highly wanted and advertised them in several places. Things that always brought loads of views, at least the first day, not only seemed to go unnoticed but actually made me get less (much less) views than I have on average when I'm NOT uploading anything new.

Barb

HoboBo
(Stranger)
09/25/07 01:04 AM
Re: Ads new [re: DreamWarrior]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Same thing here, Barb.

For a week now their daily calculation shows several hundreds viewings less

than when I count them myself. I wrote Jake about this and yesterday he

answered that he would pass the issue along to his engineers.

Same thing again today though...

-HoboBo 

HoboBo

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise