ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 28715 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
09/30/07 06:45 PM
Regarding the Download Issues new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Ok, I have to ask this. Have ANY of the people complaining about not being able to access this site with any browser ever sent their IP addresses to the hosts here to see if they can be reverse pinged? Has anyone checked with the Server/Host providers here to find out if any particular IP's are being blocked automatically? I'm getting some really aggravated replies on this subject over at Renderosity, bordering on outright hostility.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2713551

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

joypauline
(Newbie)
09/30/07 09:42 PM
Re: Regarding the Download Issues [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I thought that ShareCG would already know the IP address????? I have not given mine and I have had lots of trouble uploading since the beginning. BUT...I am in the UK and so many hoops have to be jumped. OR....did you mean the internet providers themselves????

I looked at the Renderosity postings and they confirm my experience. I cannot get my head around the fact that I download and upload to other US sites with no problem at all. Any help/suggestions would be welcome as I have had to give up uploading for now as it is far too time-consuming!...my only thought is the possible effect of security software?

Innocent

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
09/30/07 10:17 PM
Re: Regarding the Download Issues new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm talking about the folks like Redfern and Arianna in that thread, who say they can't even get the domain name to show up in their browsers. Issues like that lead me to believe there is some sort of IP or url blocking going on either on the users end or on the ShareCG host's end.

Checking the route to the user's IP and to the host IP should be done from both end's in cases like his where the whole domain is coming up 404. He's apparently experiencing this issue from home and work. I have to wonder if his ISP is blocking certain IP's like ShareCG's or the reverse.

In your case, you can at least access the site here so it's not the same issue. I'm talking about the ones who say they can't even enter the site to download whatsoever.

dadchamp
(Journeyman)
10/01/07 04:28 PM
Re: Regarding the Download Issues new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just for informational purposes ... I once downloaded a file from Rendo that was a supposed 'gift' from someone ... and after downloading it I was unable to access ShareCG until I cleared my history and cookies and then reset my system. I'm not saying they did anything, but ... it was damn suspiscious.

I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/01/07 08:48 PM
Re: Regarding the Download Issues new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hopefully the fixes to ShareCG's IP address that were made today will correct a lot of folk's connection issues. It was pointing to the wrong page on some nameservers. Once that propagates throughout the net nameservers things should work much better.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise