ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 46697 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Beatrice
(Stranger)
10/20/07 06:21 AM
Tried to take the surveys new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

but everytime I clicked on one I was either thrown straight out of IE explorer or kept getting the message did I want to close all tabs :(

classylady
(Stranger)
10/20/07 07:38 AM
Re: Tried to take the surveys new [re: Beatrice]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

When it appears to be the same  survey each time there is only so many times you can take the survey,plus  in some cases your taken to another site or IE  just kicks you off the page.   Don't get me wrong surveys are good but each time I come here daily its the same survey and frankly can be annoying Is there a way to  on the survey  flag to tell us who the survey is for.??

classylady/Carolyn

adp__
(Stranger)
10/20/07 09:46 AM
Re: Tried to take the surveys [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I wonder why they don't ask how often we have [censored].

Seriously, I'm not interested to answer private questions to mister Anonymous. By the way, the whole catalog of questions is not professional. Same for the people behind, I guess. Looks like somebody picked up a book about statistical surveys but didn't catch the word.

jakehellerModerator
(Journeyman)
10/20/07 11:03 AM
Re: Tried to take the surveys new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hey,

The survey is from BurstMedia, a third party company who provides us with advertising. Before they can determine the correct ad campaigns for our site, they put up banners that are for surveys.

Correspondingly, you should only take them once. Also, although the questions (and the banners!) may look unprofessional, my guess is that they are going for data that only huge mega-corporation ad agencies can really seek after.

I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience with the survey, but if you can still take the time to tell BurstMedia about who you are, it would really help the site.

Thanks,

Jake 

adp__
(Newbie)
10/20/07 11:09 AM
Re: Tried to take the surveys new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I answered anything I'm comfortable with and left the rest alone (unchecked) ;)

jakehellerModerator
(Journeyman)
10/20/07 11:37 AM
Re: Tried to take the surveys new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Fair enough :-)

classylady
(Stranger)
10/20/07 04:17 PM
Re: Tried to take the surveys new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Don't be concerned Jake I have answered all the survey's to my knowledge the one at the very top plus the one that lol flys across your screen..... 

No problem all are done to my knowledge but there are questions asked that one would consider very personal 1 or 2 I checked prefer not to answer I don't think it is anyone's business what our hoursehold income is.

All is well

classylady/Carolyn

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/20/07 06:10 PM
Re: Tried to take the surveys new [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I had no problem telling what my household income was. It's not like they know who I am. No names were asked for or any other identifying personal information for that matter.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

irishlostboy
(Newbie)
10/21/07 05:57 PM
Re: Tried to take the surveys new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

um. your IP is pretty much your name and address. not saying the survey people log or use this bit of info, but it is possible, and IP addresses can be traced quite easily.

are you of a paranoid disposition? :) 

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/21/07 08:20 PM
Re: Tried to take the surveys new [re: irishlostboy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I can assure you that no internet company is going to give your personal infomration out to any advertiser who happens to have been visited by your IP address unless something criminal has occurred and a warrent has been issued. Your IP address, for most people, is randomly assigned at login. The only way to get your personal information from that IP is to request that information from your ISP and as a former ISP employee I can assure you that they do NOT give that information out freely without very strident legal reasons.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise