ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 23493 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

pauljs75
(Stranger)
10/21/07 08:19 AM
Flash animation/[censored] category. Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just wondering if this category could show up in the future. Would be nice for demonstrating [censored] content. Right now .swf has to go into the 3D model category and get downloaded, but would seem more appropriate to classify as animation. However some stuff may be shorter than the 7-second rule or require user input to do stuff...

I'd propose some rules for Flash here which seem to work well for other sites: No auto-redirects, no malware/hijack behavior, no content which is not the uploader's, no objectionable content.

Other than that, I see things being a little bit less restrictive here than at other well-known flash sites. (Demos don't need to be that entertaining or meet some other arbitrary criteria, just show some artwork, games or other stuff that does something. Maybe doesn't matter if it's broke even?) And of course the feedback with comments and ratings as usual would be great.

pauljs75
(Stranger)
10/21/07 08:21 AM
Re: Flash animation/[censored] category. new [re: pauljs75]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

*i*n*t*e*r*a*c*t*i*v*e* is censored? Weird. I wonder why that is?

jakehellerModerator
(Journeyman)
10/21/07 12:45 PM
Re: Flash animation/[censored] category. new [re: pauljs75]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

First of all, it is weird that i-n-t-e-r-a-c-t-i-v-e is censored, I'll look into it.

Second, if the flash video is just an animation, then yes, it should be in animation; that can be accomplished by the uploader by exporting to FLV, avi, etc. If it is an [censored] SWF... well, we'll have to give that some consideration. As you can tell, we're running out of room on the top bar, which we may have to rethink soon anyways.

If we were to have an SWF section, what kind of stuff would be in it?

-Jake 

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/21/07 03:41 PM
Re: Flash animation/[censored] category. new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Inter-active SWF should probably go in the same catagory as the Inter-active quicktime panorama files. IE: The new VR section. And yeah Jake, you should really check your censored words listing. I know looking at P.o.r.n is bad, but for gumby's sake, the word isn't a bad word!

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise