ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 150411 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
draagonstorm
(Stranger)
11/01/07 06:42 PM
Re: quality new [re: Lobsterhead]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am so on the fence on all that has been said.

I've been an amatuer artist for to many years then I should admit to Wink. I got into Computer Art 2 or 3 years ago, and 3D (DAZ) in May of this year(2007).

This site has been great for me. I've learned so much here. First by downloading stuff, and then by posted free stuff here. How to and How not to package an item. What people like and don't like... this list can go on... And I have so much more to learn. My goal is to have enough knowledge and skills to actually be at level to 'sell' my work. That would be a great side income when I get to retirement age (not that far away anymore). Plus I love doing this stuff.

And where else would I learn this, then by doing!

If there was a moderation aspect at this site that could say 'no, your stuff isn't good enough for this site', then how would I learn from my mistakes?

But, then again, I can see people are taking advantage of the system here, for obviously the view counts..... one item at a time of the same type of item, instead of zipping them up into one file... I see that in the beginning I can be accused of the same thing... My 'Swap Meet Necklaces', but then again, each necklace at that time took me days to do, and when I finished one I would post it. But I digress.....

I would really hate to see an overall, 'The quality of the work you have uploaded, does not pass our quality control' type of moderation. Maybe more of 'A number of your uploads are of the same type and each are of a size that we feel should be zipped together and then uploaded'

JMHO

DraagonStorm

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
11/01/07 07:51 PM
Re: quality new [re: draagonstorm]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'd just like to interrupt  your thread for a visual announcement. Here's a Poser Image made using one of my Freebie dresses by a member of Renderosity. I think it's fantastic!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1552511 

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Lobsterhead
(Stranger)
11/02/07 02:11 AM
Re: quality new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

That's one of the good ones I mentioned, the artist has used Poser to realise an idea.

I would like to point out that I use Poser myself. It's a great tool for reference and trying out different lighting models.

Let me clear something up, I was not suggesting that posts are rejected on the grounds of quality. But in order to prevent galleries being flooded by a multitude of similar images then some kind of moderation is required.

An image should at least have some originality to it, that's all. It doesn't matter 

whether an image is 'good or bad' that's a matter of individual taste, just have some

originality. And why do I keep getting these bloodly blank lines in my text?

Lobsterhead
(Stranger)
11/02/07 08:37 AM
Re: quality new [re: Lobsterhead]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

try this one

http://www.e-frontier.com/imagecatalogue/customimageview/4428/?sbss=511

Panthia
(Newbie)
11/02/07 10:18 AM

I just realized I ticked HoboBo off again!  I'll stop using him as an example........Honestly not picking on him......

Matrix....The artist to the image that you posted (Priss)....OMG I love her.  Got to know her in a msn poser group and she is such a wonderful person!  And if you check out her whole gallery at rendo....well.....I think she's excellent!

Lobster.....I totally agree with you that no image should be rejected.....just duplicate type and so on should be in a personal gallery.....I mean I know that there are those who are just beginning who are learning and I definitely don't want to discourage them and their learning.  I was there and on many levels I'm still there.  I mean heck....I can have one image that I think totally rocks and then the next 10 that suck butt.......

And I would totally love some constructive critizism on my work...............

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise