ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 40129 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
11/09/07 10:41 AM
Need Help Solving Viewing Sharecg Problem new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi ... One of our users is having problems seeing the site's thumbnail images.  He's using IE 6 with the latest versions of java, flash, quicktime etc.  He sent me the below screen shot.  Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so, have you fixed it, and if so how?  We can't replicate this problem here and could use your help!  Thanks very much.

David  --- ShareCG

Axe_Swipe
(Stranger)
11/09/07 12:13 PM
Re: Need Help Solving Viewing Sharecg Problem new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hmm....I'm using IE 6 as well, but have not had this problem.

The only thing I can suggest is maybe something in his Security settings in IE or firewall settings, if he is using one.

Sorry I can't be more help than that.

adp__
(Journeyman)
11/09/07 01:15 PM
Re: Need Help Solving Viewing Sharecg Problem new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Maybe his router/firewallsoftware isn't able to handle that many open connections at once (often the case with cheap NAT-routers). This site loads tons of javascripts and images per pages. The same, over and over again.

MegaJax
(Stranger)
11/10/07 07:02 AM

Hi all, I am the user who is having this problem, it started about 3 weeks ago now, before then everything was fine. I have not changed any of the settings for my browser or firewall and am not having any problems with any other sites I visit. I am in the UK and connect via a BT HomeHub (Broadband) if this helps.

I can see the thumnails on the main front page but everywhere else on the site they have gone! The only images I can see are the Logo and the ads and the main preview image once I get to the page with the posting on it.

Any help you could give would be great.

Thanks

Steve

marcodd
(Stranger)
11/10/07 08:17 AM
Re: Need Help Solving Viewing Sharecg Problem [re: MegaJax]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

First you can try to install another browser (i suggest to you Opera or Firefox), and verify if you have the same problem (what operating system are you using?)

Have you tried to clear the browser cache, and reset browser configs to its defaults?

MegaJax
(Stranger)
11/10/07 10:33 AM
Re: Need Help Solving Viewing Sharecg Problem new [re: marcodd]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi marcodd

Thanks for the responce, I have tryed Firefox and it is still the same. I also deleted all cookies, history and temp Internat files. I have been running this same setup for the past 4 years now, and I have never had any trouble before with it on this or any other site. I am running WinXP Pro.

regards

Steve 

classylady
(Newbie)
11/10/07 11:32 AM

I hate to even mention this but could it be some of these adds that won't let you go anywhere . I know myself I don't come here as often because of those 20 second adds.

Another thing I don't like mentioning but by chance could you have accidently  installed IE 7 ??? with out knowing it?? 

classylady

marcodd
(Stranger)
11/10/07 12:56 PM
Re: Need Help Solving Viewing Sharecg Problem new [re: MegaJax]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It's a very strange behaviour.

If even with Firefox you have the same problems, i guess the guilty should not be the browser...Undecided

You should have to search for problems in your operating system (have you updated/changed it recently?), or in a  third party software (above all security software, ad blocker or antivirus/antispyware/firewall). Try to disable them and retry.

Another suggestion, verify that your pc is free from viruses or malwares. 

Last thing, your provider could have implemented some sort of filters  for internet trafic (but this is a remote hypothesis, in Italy they apply filters only for p2p protocols) 

Edited by marcodd on 11/10/07 01:03 PM.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise