ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 22897 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

raytracer
(Newbie)
11/13/07 03:04 AM
Embedded animation question Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Not sure where to ask this, open discussion or site suggestion, since the two are having threads for technical questions for sharecg. Anyway, if I embed a clip from sharecg to another site and then someone clicks the play button in that site, does that count as a view? Or should I just put the url for the video instead so they come here?

http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_search.aspx?id_author=13951&id_affiliate=13951] 3Dstudio

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
11/13/07 07:15 AM
Re: Embedded animation question new [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

My guess would be that if they aren't coming here to view the video along with the advertising on this site then it doesn't count as a view. That doesn't mean I am right. It's just my guess.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

raytracer
(Newbie)
11/13/07 07:39 AM
Re: Embedded animation question new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I see. That's too bad. There's so many sites where you can embed the code to show the vids.

http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_search.aspx?id_author=13951&id_affiliate=13951] 3Dstudio

jakehellerModerator
(Member)
11/13/07 09:05 AM
Re: Embedded animation question new [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Currently, we don't pay for "plays" from embedded videos; in fact, no sites on the web do. What you do get, though, is a link that is more likely to be clicked-through. The player, once clicked on, functions as a link to the site (like YouTube). People are much likely to click on a video than on a link, so it *WILL* increase your views. In the future, if we sell ads in our videos (and if our users support that), then you'd get money even if it's off site.

-Jake 

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise