ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 44393 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

serendigity
(Stranger)
12/04/07 01:20 PM
Comments Notification new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi, Is it possible in 'my account' to have a link show if new comments have been made since my last login. I have over 5 pages of items submitted and unless I wade through all of them every day I don't have any idea if a comment has been made on an older upload. Also, the ability to sort by upload date, number of views, user star rating, and alphabetically would be great.

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
12/04/07 02:16 PM
Re: Comments Notification [re: serendigity]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This is an excellent suggestion I'd like to see it implemented as well. I love reading comments on my uploads but I hate wading th rough my pages and pages of stuff to find new ones. Cry

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Beatrice
(Newbie)
12/05/07 07:36 PM
Re: Comments Notification new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Its not perfect but if you go into the my account area you can see very quickly the date of any comments and that will tell you if you want to view the item or not :)

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
12/05/07 08:43 PM
Re: Comments Notification new [re: Beatrice]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Bea, I'm aware of that, but when you have many MANY pages in your account, you still have to go to each page to see if there are any new comments on your uploads. People may still be commenting on my older stuff but I can't tell with no notifications unless I page through every page of my items. My account is currently up to 8 pages worth of freebies to scan through for new comments. Notifications would elliminate the need for searching out new comments.

DavidJHanna
(Stranger)
02/11/08 11:05 PM
Re: Comments Notification new [re: serendigity]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello.

I agree that prompt notification of comments is important.  I would prefer an automated email be sent to me with the comment, than simply updating my statistics.  I recently created my sharecg account and posted my first contribution.  For the first week I had almost a hundred views, but when I linked from Renderosity, I received nearly 500 hits in the first 24 hours.  During that time I received only one comment, but it was a question.  I answered the question, but if I wasn’t checking sharecg daily, he/she may have gotten the mistaken impression that I was ignoring him/her and didn’t care.  Quick notification of new comments to members will help members make sure customers feel that they matter.  Happy customers come back to explore the site and post positive comments.

-David

brainstew
(Stranger)
02/13/08 11:29 AM
Re: Comments Notification new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes, some sort of notification would really be great!!

Like David, I've also had comments that were questions, but since I do not check my account for comments on a regular basis, some of these comments/questions went unnoticed for too long. I agree that people asking questions would appreciate a quick answer that would prevent giving them the feeling of not being important, or being ignored.

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
02/13/08 07:21 PM
Re: Comments Notification new [re: brainstew]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Actually the whole "Comment" portion on our items should be tied into the current PM system so that not only are you notified of questions on your items but you can also reply to people who send them. Currently you can't really reply to any question comment on your items because frankly, it's doubtful that the comment leaver will ever return to that item to see if it's updated with a reply comment without some sort of notification system where he is notified that you have replied.

DavidJHanna
(Stranger)
02/13/08 10:20 PM
Re: Comments Notification new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes, adding a button to contact in addition to the option to post would be good, but I would still like the comments emailed to me.  There is also an advantage to questions being posted.  I didn't know the answer to one question, and someone else answered it for me.  Another advantage to posting the question is that you don't have to answer the same question 32 times.  Of course, if I am emailed a question I can respond the question by email, and then post a comment that would help others with the same question.

-David 

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise