ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 100409 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
Panthia
(Member)
01/11/08 08:18 AM
Might I suggest a starting point! Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'd like to suggest a starting point for atleast cleaning the uploads up.....

You could start with some kind of notice to those uploading say multiple single images of say birch tree bark (I only use this as an example). 

When you pull up a section and see almost the exact same thing uploaded individually covering half the page it is slightly annoying (atleast for me).  These things could easily be zipped together for one package. 

Like I said, this would be a starting point.  It's also just my opinion......not the opinion of everyone here!

Goldenthrush
(Stranger)
01/11/08 02:21 PM
Re: Might I suggest a starting point! [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I like that idea, I get a little exhasperated when I end up having to download ten textures (for instance) that could have easily gone in the same zip (like tree bark photos, for instance). 

dadchamp
(Member)
01/11/08 04:51 PM
Re: Might I suggest a starting point! [re: Goldenthrush]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Darn, and here I was getting ready to start uploading my collection of 1000 photos of different lint balls and dust bunnies. Guess I'll have to catagorize them. Do you think color or size would be best? Smile

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

Goldenthrush
(Stranger)
01/12/08 02:41 PM
Re: Might I suggest a starting point! [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

By Flavor, of course!  Silly man.  Wink

jakehellerModerator
(Member)
01/13/08 11:30 AM
Re: Might I suggest a starting point! new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Panthia,

Nice idea. Where do you guys think that should go? Perhaps in the FAQ?

-Jake 

Goldenthrush
(Stranger)
01/13/08 12:57 PM
Re: Might I suggest a starting point! new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

FAQ would be good and perhaps on the upload page (Please post batches of related textures in groups of X many). 

Panthia
(Member)
01/13/08 03:13 PM
Re: Might I suggest a starting point! new [re: Goldenthrush]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Defintely the FAQ section and an email notice to everyone.  And like Golden said, maybe a small notice on the uploads page. 

Thank you Jake!

P

Vacasoft
(Stranger)
01/25/08 12:44 PM
Re: Might I suggest a starting point! new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Faq and upload page sounds like the best place to put the notice. And an e-mail to every users when it's implemented.

Luchare
(Stranger)
02/07/08 12:56 AM
Re: Might I suggest a starting point! new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I nearly had beer spray on the monitor after reading this post - I think I laughed for at least 20 minutes.Laughing

Panthia
(Member)
02/07/08 12:02 PM
Re: Might I suggest a starting point! new [re: Luchare]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Do you mind telling me what's so funny?  Just curious.  I'm not seeing it today, might tomorrow tho.

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise