Hardware
   >> Video Cards
Thread views: 43691 View all threads**Threaded Mode

Nik_52
(Stranger)
05/03/17 06:50 PM
Graphics drivers... Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just a reminder that your Graphics CARD maker may have the fastest 'game' driver, but not the best 'technical' driver. For that, check out the CHIP maker...

I've just about completed a self-build of CAD Tower #3 to run turboCAD Pro, Poser11Pro, DazStudio etc etc. It has three WD Black HDDs, an AMD octo-core CPU, 32 GB RAM and a Gigabyte 990x mobo that supports SLI etc for gaming. I put in two twin-DVI Gigabyte nvidia GTX 750 Ti cards to run my three 21" wide screens.

{ I don't play games; I just need a vast work-space to hold multiple views, provide lonnng borders for lots of menu bars... }

Would those same-brand mobo and graphics cards play nice together ? No...

Neither graphics card was recognised until I reset the mobo BIOS. Though the first card popped up with two screens, the second card would not support Windows' 'extend onto' for more than a few seconds before 'vanishing'. Gigabyte latest driver fared no better. After working through their trouble-shooting list, I came to a link to nvidia site. Five minutes to find my cards, five to down-load the latest nvidia driver, five to install.

This time, all three screens popped up as they should...

Phew.

Currently browsing on old 'desktop' PC while loading Poser & CAD archive from NAS onto CAD Tower. I did a lot of work with Poser 4, TurboCAD and Floorplan etc, accumulated a LOT of freebies, but *that* CAD Tower #2 died in a storm. I managed to salvage much of my 3DS & Zip collection from its D: but C:'s programs and sprawling runtime were toast. Worse, my old NAS would not load my back-ups' XP directory tree onto this Desktop PC's 8.1. By the time I could afford to replace the hardware, my programs were too old to re-register....

I've added a bunch of freebies & bargain basement models while slowly building my new CAD Tower, so I'll be needing multiple external runtimes to keep everything tidy...

Nik_52
(Stranger)
08/08/17 04:03 PM
Re: Graphics drivers... new [re: Nik_52]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

FWIW, Windows keeps asking me to replace my working NVIDIA multi-card driver with the newer, but baulky single-card Gigabyte version...

{ Shakes head... }

alexjuvion
(Stranger)
08/16/17 03:39 AM
Re: Graphics drivers... new [re: Nik_52]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Many thanks for sharing here some interesting thing on graphics card that may have the wildest 'game' driver, but not the best 'technical' driver. And it is really valuable content for graphic designer students who are now receiving error-free professional assignment help with pass guarantee from well-trained educational experts at Quality Assignment UK. So I want to recommend such a great website to them and hope it will be a best reference for them. 

David964
(Stranger)
10/05/17 11:05 PM

So, my NVIDIA Optimus machine was working completely fine on Windows 7, but once I upgraded to Windows 10 my games crash. But games only crash when using the GT 420M. When I force a game to use my Intel HD Graphics, games start and play fine.

When I say crash, I mean that I click a shortcut (or the .exe itself), and a black screen comes up like it's gonna start, but then it stops and says "***** has stopped working". So if I run Skyrim, it says "Skyrim has stopped working".  Buy Online In Pakistan

David964
(Stranger)
10/05/17 11:06 PM

I did some fiddling around with the NVIDIA control panel options. Just out of curiosity, I set Microsoft Edge to run with my GT 420M to see if that would crash too. It didn't crash, but the backlight on my screen went off. I could just barely see that Edge was open on my laptop. I shutdown manually because I couldn't see anything, then restarted and the resolution was noticeably different. I checked the device manager and both my Intel HD Graphics, and my GT 420M had exclamation points next to them. I clicked into the properties of them and it said "Windows has stopped this device (code 43)". I reinstalled the drivers, restarted the computer and the resolution and everything was back to normal...except everything that runs on my video card still crashes. Darse nizami

David964
(Stranger)
10/05/17 11:07 PM

So, my NVIDIA Optimus machine was working completely fine on Windows 7, but once I upgraded to Windows 10 my games crash. But games only crash when using the GT 420M. When I force a game to use my Intel HD Graphics, games start and play fine.

When I say crash, I mean that I click a shortcut (or the .exe itself), and a black screen comes up like it's gonna start, but then it stops and says "***** has stopped working". So if I run Skyrim, it says "Skyrim has stopped working". 

I did a clean install of Windows 10 and everything still crashes. I also made sure I'm running the latest driver 353.62. I even reinstalled the drivers and did a clean install of it, just in case. I also have DirectX, .net framework, and vc redist all installed.

I tried running them as admin, and in compatibility mode, but everything still crashes. I even tried cleaning the registry and doing a sfc scan.

Anybody have a clue what could be going on? IT Experts Agency

flygamer
(Stranger)
02/15/18 01:16 AM
Re: Graphics drivers... new [re: David964]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It's a very troublesome problem to have your game crashing. Have you checked the event log of windows 10 to see what causes this ctd?

WilliamR
(Stranger)
06/13/18 10:45 PM
Re: Graphics drivers... new [re: flygamer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

What an excellent and useful content on Graphics drivers which also remind us that graphics CARD maker may have the fastest 'game' driver, but not the best 'technical' driver.

Regards,

Elite Assignment 

mariah190282
(Stranger)
07/09/20 03:01 PM

I did not get it. What did you mean by that any way?. I am currently using Amd graphics card for my hp pro book and it is working fine. Now you are telling all of us that the graphics card is not the best technical driver. What is the difference between game driver and technical driver?. Are you telling us that these drivers are made for gaming only and with these driver other software except games would not run smoothly?.

View all threads**Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise