ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Wanted
Thread views: 13291 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

GregorSamsa
(Stranger)
05/26/12 06:26 AM
DAZ/POSER Silvio Berlusconi as character? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I know, I know - this sounds strange. But I had the idea to make a short comic as a birthday present for a dear friend of mine. I wanted to tell some kind of "bunga-bunga-story" for him about a bath attendend that looks very, very similar to Silvio Berlusconi, the former president of Italy.

I tried to realize this with the free version of DAZ Studio 4 and the genesis figure, but either I haven't the skills as I am quite new into modelling or maybe it is simply impossible with the software I have. So my comic-story never could beginn, because there is no chief character.

Can someone help please?   

yoanaiv
(Stranger)
05/28/12 06:52 AM
Re: DAZ/POSER Silvio Berlusconi as character? new [re: GregorSamsa]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi.

If you need to animate the character, then would be better to create your whole model in 3DS Max (or Maya). If you need only a static 3D art work, then use DAZ or Poser for the basic model and refine the details, using Photoshop. I need to note that none of these options is easy. Practice, technical skills, a lot of patience and mostly artistic talent are required. Actually, it is not a task for beginners, because creating of characters is the most difficult in 3D modeling. If you want to attain a similarity with a real person as in your case, then the things are even more complex. The final result depends on your ability to recreate similarity, using suitable software and tools.

I hope these explanations would help you.

Best, Yoana Smile

GregorSamsa
(Stranger)
05/29/12 11:01 AM
Re: DAZ/POSER Silvio Berlusconi as character? new [re: yoanaiv]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you. But I can't effort 3ds max. It's to expensive for my small birthday-present-budget.

A few days ago I found a script on the Internet, that allows to import the Genesis figure into blender.

So I will try to modell this character in Blender (and reimport it as a morph) as it sems to be impossible (at least for me) to do this in DAZ Studio.

But Blender is completely new to me. So I have to learn to work with Blender first. What do you think? Is it worth the try?

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise