Finished Work Critiques and Works in Progress
   >> 2D Animations
Thread views: 5487 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

shawnturner
(Stranger)
06/02/17 09:38 PM
How to animate in Animate and why? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

So, I am wondering how you people (who use Adobe Animate) animate in Animate and why you animate in that way.

I've tried some different ways to draw and animate in Animate (and Flash before it became Animate):

a) Drawing with the Brush tool and doing frame-by-frame

b) Setting up the artwork using Shape tool (square, circle, etc. and then tweeked it so it matched the sketch) and animating using tweens (sometimes combined with frame-by-frame)

c) Drawing with the Brush tool, making symbols and animating using tweens

Now, animating is time concuming. No doubt!

I've been using option "b" most of the time as "a" is unpredictable when it comes to using Brush tool (I have a hard time doing straight lines, etc.). Option "c" has some limitaions when it comes to animation as the artwork is just something that got tweened around and not changing. But for me it's the quickest way to animate but only if you don't care so much about the quality in the animation (the quality in the artwork can sometimes - bur rarely - be enough in the animation but I wouldn't recomend going down that road).

I do have a hard time figuring out what option I schould stick to as they all have there pros and cons.

So how do you people here at NG animate (and draw) in Adobe Animate (or Flash) and why..? What are the pros and cons in the way you do it?

Thanks

Edited by TeamSharecg on 06/05/17 02:33 PM.

Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise