Finished Work Critiques and Works in Progress
   >> 3D Stills
Thread views: 54596 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
hansolocambo
(Stranger)
02/17/14 07:56 AM
Spacedraw 3D modeling smartphones/tablets Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi. I don't know if some of you discovered this yet. I personally tried all the so called 3D modelers-viewers on iOs. Nothing there. And for years I've been waiting for something on Android. I tried Spacedraw maybe a year ago but, used to cheap prods on the store that can't do a thing, I quickly abandonned. Thing is those last few months I had only an S3 Mini handy. Nothing new on the Store so I tried Spacedraw again. And... wow :) It's actually a real fu..ing modeler for touch screens ^^ It took me a moment to make my first steps. The screen touch is amazingly well used and this app is a real big piece of brilliant code !

I produced 15 scenes those last 4 months. I'm getting better as I now know the soft pretty well. I love it as it is and Scalisoft answered some of my mails and said they'll release a new version, a BIG update considering the list of additions and improvements that'll be in the Play Store soon. well, dunno about you but modeling from anywhere using a phone or a tablet sounds about right ;) Please check on those few tests and tell me what you think :) First ones where mostly to learn the tools. Now I begin to have fun. It takes maybe a day to learn poly modeling/texturing with Spacedraw. I'm so used to the clever way some of those tools work that I begin to prefer some of them to those of 3DS Max ^^

I did the next one only using the Iinflate tool. It lacks some option to control the mesh pulled along the path but I still very useful.

One more serie of tests using only one tool : diverge. I couldn't really figure out what to do with this one even after reading the (very exhaustive and well made) Spacedraw pdf. So I tried to use only it. And definitely a great tool !

I needed a way to freeze my mesh and model clothes around. So this one is unfinished. Next Spacedraw v

ersion will have many new things

and for sure a freeze/unfreeze

faces and objects. So I'll work on her again soon :)

hansolocambo
(Stranger)
02/17/14 08:24 AM
Re: Spacedraw 3D modeling smartphones/tablets new [re: hansolocambo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I post my next works in replies. I did a long post with some blahblah and all got lost "message too long". No recovery possible.... great. 

Edited by hansolocambo on 02/17/14 08:31 AM.

hansolocambo
(Stranger)
02/17/14 08:29 AM
Re: Spacedraw 3D modeling smartphones/tablets new [re: hansolocambo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

My last scene here. I know the soft pretty well now.

If some of you want to try the app and have troubles understanding stuff, feel free to contact me : hansolocambo@gmail.com

I'll be glad to help ;)

hansolocambo
(Stranger)
02/24/14 01:41 AM

I began a new scene yesterday. Just a preview of the work in progress. I'll update that soon ;)

hansolocambo
(Stranger)
02/27/14 05:11 AM
Spacedraw new [re: hansolocambo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Has everyone tried Spacedraw yet ? It seems update is to be released in the next few days. Let me know if you give it a try.

Here is the last test I did on Spacedraw. 

A wireframe view in Spacedraw of the scene :

Josea
(Journeyman)
03/11/14 09:14 AM
Re: Spacedraw new [re: hansolocambo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I downloaded and installed this program in my Android tablet but have not gotten around to trying it out yet. Thanks for letting us know about this app.

hansolocambo
(Stranger)
03/13/14 10:48 PM

I posted some tutorials on YouTube. Just look for Spacedraw. FPS is terrible and all my movements slowed down because I had to use my old S3 mini which doesn't handle well video recording.

But those tutorials, I hope, will help those that want to give it a try.

hansolocambo
(Stranger)
04/11/14 02:21 AM
Spacedraw modeling scene nb.19 new [re: hansolocambo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

More or less the final version of the robot I'm making with Spacedraw. I'll next link each object to a hierarchy of parents and put it in a pose. If my S3 mini handle it I'll make a environment around it.

hansolocambo
(Stranger)
04/16/14 10:11 AM
Spacedraw Robot v.23 new [re: hansolocambo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Some modifications on the robot scene. Still have a lot to do but it's taking shape. I'll make a proper weapon and modify the fighting stance a bit. 

hansolocambo
(Stranger)
10/18/14 10:16 PM
Re: Spacedraw Robot v.23 new [re: hansolocambo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Test 20 : Monster heavily inspired from Laufman's great designs.

Edited by hansolocambo on 10/18/14 10:30 PM.

hansolocambo
(Stranger)
10/18/14 10:34 PM
Re: Spacedraw Robot v.23 new [re: hansolocambo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Android Spacedraw 3D Modeling on Android test 21. I baked this mesh at the end with 3DS Max to get these pixellated shades.

hansolocambo
(Stranger)
10/18/14 10:38 PM
Spacedraw Test 22 : Crystals Room new [re: hansolocambo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Android Spacedraw Test 22 finished ;) No unwrapping like for the precedent scene. I wait to have a phone with a proper pen to paint on that. It's 100% pure Spacedraw for the moment.

I uploaded the .spa scene here for those who work on Spacedraw and want to have a look at it in the viewport ;) http://mcassar.free.fr/spacedraw/22-Room.7z

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise