Application Specific
   >> DAZ Bryce
Thread views: 10276 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

jfmoyen
(Stranger)
10/11/12 11:42 AM
Problem with installing content Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm struggling to install downloaded content for DAZ 3D (v 4.5, freshly installed).

My content folder is located at D:\DAZ\Studio , for organisation reasons.

I'm firstly trying to install Oom Fooyat se "Face morphs for genesis" (http://www.sharecg.com/v/62243/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Face-morphs-for-Genesis-3.), and encountering a strange behaviour I cannot make sense of.

1. I install it into "My library"; ie the Oom_Fooyat folder containing the morph files proper end up in D:\DAZ\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs. I fire up DAZ. I can now see the morphs in the right place ("face"), but moving the sliders has no effect on the model.
2. I shut down DAZ, and copy the Oom_Fooyat folder to D:\DAZ\Studio\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs. Start DAZ -- yeah, it works !
3. Ok, so now for a bit of cleanup. I remove the Ooom_Fooyat folder from My Library. Start DAZ again: back to square one, I can see the slides but they have no effect.
4. Oh, crap. So let's put back a copy of Oom_Fooyat in My Library, as it was in step 2. Still the sliders have no effect !??!! There is something I do not understand here...

So -- can I install something else, anything ? Let's try the NA indian dresses at http://www.sharecg.com/v/62491/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-NA-Indian-Outfit. They do not appear in the "Smart content", fair enough perhaps the metadata is missing. Now "My Library" has a series of folders including Runtime, People and in My Library/data resides a "Pusey Designs" folder. As far as I can tell, everything is where it belongs. In DAZ, trying to load a belt (1st item from the collection) leads to "Duplicate IDs were found while reading the file see log for more details". The log (at C:/Users/me/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/log.txt) says

Duplicate id "belt-uvlayout" found in file "/data/Pusey Designs/Belt/Belt/belt-uvlayout.dsf"
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5046): Unsupported formula: /data/Pusey%20Designs/Belt/Belt/belt-uvlayout.dsf#belt-uvlayout
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4874): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/Pusey%20Designs/Belt/Belt/belt-uvlayout.dsf#belt-uvlayout
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5046): Unsupported formula: /data/Pusey%20Designs/Belt/Belt/belt-uvlayout.dsf#belt-uvlayout
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4874): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/Pusey%20Designs/Belt/Belt/belt-uvlayout.dsf#belt-uvlayout
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4874): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/Pusey%20Designs/Belt/Belt/belt-uvlayout.dsf#belt-uvlayout
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4874): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/Pusey%20Designs/Belt/Belt/belt-uvlayout.dsf#belt-uvlayout

In fact, every item seems to say so.

The items are loaded -- but they are all white, obviously the suede texture is not loaded.

Well, I spent most of the day on it, and I'm at my wit's end, so any help would be appreciated !

Thanks

JF

Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise