Application Specific
   >> DAZ Studio
Thread views: 14416 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

NewTet
(Stranger)
12/24/12 03:22 AM
Out of Memory Problems Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

My computer is a PC running a Core 2 Duo processor with 4 Gigs of Ram. Its video card is a state of the art Nvidia something or other with a bunch of gigs of memory (I can't remember how much). The operating system is Win7 with all service packs and updates.

The problem I'm having is in Bryce 7 Pro. Presently I'm buildng a small world with a large castle and several figures created in Daz Studio. You can see the latest successful render of it in my gallery consisting of the castle, two guards and a mounted figure.

While trying to import the latest object (another mounted figure) I get several error messages about Bryce not able to find texture bitmaps--eventhough they are right there in the same folder as the object file--ending in an "Out Of Memory" warning that ends up being fatal and making the whole thing crash.

I've tried several unsuccessful remedies to this which include reducing in Photoshop the pixel size of the largest texture bitmaps from 4000 x 4000 all the way down to 1000 x 1000, as well as importing the new figure into separate Bryce file and the attempting to "merge" both files. The result is basically the same: "Out Of Memory" and a subsequent crash.

Also, I've tried several export modes in Daz Studio that include "Convert Maps for Bryce". The scale of the objects I've exported is set at 0.410105.

Can anyone please explain to me why this is happening and how I can resolve it?

I don't expect a prompt response from anyone as I realize you all must be busy wrapping X-Mas presents or otherwise making holiday preparations.

In any event, thank you in advance and have a Merry, Merry Christmas!

New Tet

Chris Camacho

Miami

bullit35744
(Stranger)
01/31/13 09:20 AM
Re: Out of Memory Problems new [re: NewTet]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Its not your computer Bryce can only handle 2gigs of ram

cris333
(Stranger)
02/01/13 01:47 AM
Re: Out of Memory Problems new [re: NewTet]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/15981/#234284

Bryce has an issue with memory(history buffer) , it keeps saving your work for the Undo option and in the end can assimilate all the RAM, Horo recommended to save your work in a scene file sometimes then close Bryce and reopen and load your scene.

Also importing obj in Bryce is a hard task for Bryce, don't forget to click "E" from the object to smooth its polygons ,this might help, specialy if its not a highly detailed obj and the camera is not focused on it.

Also remove parts of an object if you render only the shell of that obj, example: remove the cockpit from an airplane (if it has interior parts) if you render only the airplane.Same goes for houses, if you render a house from outside , you don't need interior parts, or a backside wall.I guess you know how to select parts of an object and remove them ? hold CTRL and click on object.Then hit Delete to remove unwanted/unseen parts.Before to remove unwanted parts make sure you have saved camera or the view angle.To save a view angle just click on the small green lines bellow the nanoview.To remove them, hold ALT and click again to delete the saved view angle.

Remember ,you render what you see, but bryce fills memory with every detail even from interior objects.Keeping in scene only the obj which are on camera angle for rendering prevents lagging too while working with complex scenes.Laughing

I see your castle scene and if this is the angle you'll render , you can try to remove the wall from the right side because i bet that will be invisible to final render.I don't recommend to hide it by clicking "A" (attributes) because im not sure if bryce will remove it completely from RAM.

Oh, and visit often Bryce forum too, is very active and you can find useful tips and tricks . 

Edited by cris333 on 02/01/13 02:19 AM.

NewTet
(Stranger)
02/01/13 09:08 AM
Re: Out of Memory Problems new [re: cris333]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks. I think you're correct in all of what you say. Your advise is very helpful. I guess I should limit myself to creating very small interiors (as in a studio) and limit my big backgrounds to brief establishing shots, as they do in the movies.

I'm still learning to use these tools and I know next to nothing about the techniques and tricks of movie making, but your response was very helpful and informative.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise