Application Specific
   >> DAZ Studio
Thread views: 60694 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
neon22
(Stranger)
07/28/07 10:55 PM
Daz Studio Category missing ? new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We have this forum here but Daz Studio isn't a Category in the uploads...?

Maybe we could get it added ? (instead of using Other) ?

jalex417
(Stranger)
08/01/07 11:05 AM
Re: Daz Studio Category missing ? new [re: neon22]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I've added DAZ Studio to most categories .... One quick question ... What is the file extension for DAZ Studio 3D models ... or is the same as the Poser file extension?

MatrixWorkz
(Newbie)
08/02/07 09:44 PM
Re: Daz Studio Category missing ? new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

File Extensions for D/S are *.daz *.ds *.dsb. Those are the three that show up under File>Open anyway.

jalex417
(Newbie)
08/03/07 11:39 AM
Re: Daz Studio Category missing ? new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks much ... I've added DAZ Studio models with the extensions you provided.  Thanks again! 

Axe_Swipe
(Stranger)
08/31/07 09:30 AM
Re: Daz Studio Category missing ? new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I probably could try to find out myself, but I'm going to be lazy and ask here anyway so that others can see the answer as well...

If a person uploads a file for Poser, but has included DAZ Studio material files with it also, can they select to have it in both categories upon upload?

Including DS optimised materials with Poser content is becoming a more standard practice as more and more DS users are asking for it.

jalex417Moderator
(Newbie)
08/31/07 11:10 AM
Re: Daz Studio Category missing ? new [re: Axe_Swipe]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi .. When you upload a 3d model you can check more than one format .... for example you could check both Poser (.pz3, .pp2) and DAZ Studio (.daz, .ds, .dsb).  Then, when someone is trying to find this they'll come across it if they check either of the two from the side bar format selection on the 3dModels page.

I hope this answer helps, if not just send me a note or post a follow up here.

DavidSmile

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/05/07 05:24 AM

Now that Poser is it's own Catagory by itself, will you be adding the DAZ Studio format's under the Poser Catagory?

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Axe_Swipe
(Stranger)
10/08/07 09:27 AM
Re: Daz Studio Category missing ? [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

May as well just upload the DS content to the Poser uploads section since most Poser content works in DS even though DS specific content doesn't work in Poser and the vast majority of that is just materials files.

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/08/07 05:23 PM
Re: Daz Studio Category missing ? new [re: Axe_Swipe]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

True but it wouldn't hurt to have DAZ Studio specfic subcatagories for those items which don't work in Poser.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
10/08/07 09:06 PM
Re: Daz Studio Category missing ? new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I just added "DAZ Studio" as a select for uploads and search in the Poser section .... I hope this helps keep things organized ... thanks for the suggestion!

David

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise