ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Callenges & Contests
Thread views: 150199 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
ibsystemsAdministrator
(Stranger )
09/19/07 10:06 AM
Spooky Halloween Challenge Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Enter ShareCG's Spooky Halloween Challenge, scare the socks off everyone, and get the chance to win valuable prizes.  (Challenge ends October 31, 2007)

Prizes and Sponsors

1st Place:
* Nextlimit Maxwell Render (MSRP $995)
* 3DConnexion SpaceExplorer (MSRP $299)

2nd Place:
* 3DConnexion SpaceExplorer (MSRP $299)

3rd Place:
* 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator (MSRP $59)

Check out the contest rules and get more information at http://www.sharecg.com/challenge.php

tesign
(Stranger)
09/19/07 07:35 PM
Re: Spooky Halloween Challenge [re: ibsystems]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi and this contest and challenge certainly sound interesting. I've read the rules but have a question or two. As this is a 2D and 3D thingy..are they two different categories?..that's 2d as of 2d and 3d where post work is not allow? If this is not so..can I use 3d as a platform and finished it as a 3d still with post work and end product is a 3d?...hope my question is clear though.

Thanks for any reply in advance.

Tesign

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
09/20/07 01:30 AM
Re: Spooky Halloween Challenge new [re: tesign]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi ... It's not both, it's either or .... so you can submit either 2d or 3d art.  A couple of people have already sent in their work.  You can view them by clicking on 'art' from the main menu.  From within the Art section expand the categories list by clicking (more) and, check "Halloween Challenge" then click Find and you find them.

Best of luck!!

David

franontheedge
(Stranger)
09/20/07 03:58 AM
Re: Spooky Halloween Challenge new [re: ibsystems]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Sounds like a fun competition, from where do I get these CGTools that we have to use?

FranOnTheEdge

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
09/20/07 08:52 AM
Re: Spooky Halloween Challenge new [re: franontheedge]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If you don't have any CG tools and haven't used them you're probably not ready yet to participate. But, if you're a quick learner, and would like to get involved, you could use open source tools like Blender (which is available here and on the Blender.org site) and other free tools that you can find here and on the web. Also, most companies offer trial versions of their software. For example, Caligari offers a trial version of TrueSpace, NextLimit offers a trial version of Maxwell Render, and most other vendors do also.

Good luck and enjoy!

angelaandreoli
(Stranger)
09/20/07 03:29 PM
Re: Spooky Halloween Challenge new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

hello there :) i noticed that everyone who has entered the halloween contest so far,including myself, has done 3d art with post work of 2d. and then i noticed your message that said entries can be either 2d or 3d but not both. so now i am in a panic because i dont know if i have to make a new picture and re-enter or if what i have already entered is ok.

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
09/20/07 03:46 PM
Re: Spooky Halloween Challenge [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Your entry is fine, and actually great!  I think we're splitting hairs here ... all we're looking for is a work of CG art ... it can be done totally in 3d, or totally in 2d, or using a combination of both techniques.

angelaandreoli
(Stranger)
09/20/07 05:12 PM
Re: Spooky Halloween Challenge new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ahh very good. that clears things up. and relaxes me.heh. and thankz again for complimenting...Smile

MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
09/20/07 07:50 PM
Re: Spooky Halloween Challenge new [re: ibsystems]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well I hope my entry is spooky enough for the contest.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

joypauline
(Newbie)
09/23/07 04:23 PM
Re: Spooky Halloween Challenge [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just out of interest....can photography be used for composing a background in renders????

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise