ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 130809 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
talal0khalid
(Stranger)
06/25/08 08:05 AM
They will start renevue sharing again? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Tell me plz,

will i ever be able to get paid here like before?

dadchamp
(Member)
06/25/08 06:54 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? [re: talal0khalid]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

doutbful!

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

spacenewt
(Newbie)
06/25/08 09:40 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yup, I say doubtful too...

I just wish they'd let us know one way or another....

If it's yes, then give us a rough time frame...... if it's no then have the courtesy to tell us, I wouldn't pull my stuff from the site.

What will make me pull my goodies however is being kept dangling...

angelaandreoli
(Newbie)
06/28/08 06:25 AM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? [re: spacenewt]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

that is exactly how i feel about it!

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
06/28/08 11:35 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I already pulled my goodies. Last month there was a rash of people not being able to navigate the site here due to some new Java Ad's taking over their browsers and crashing their systems. Sorry. If you wanna make money off my freebies and not share the wealth, the least you can do is make sure my stuff is accessible!

adp__
(Journeyman)
06/29/08 05:40 AM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

"Last month there was a rash of people not being able to navigate the site here due to some new Java Ad's taking over their browsers and crashing their systems"

Perhaps because of this?
http://www.heise-online.co.uk/security/Ghostly-threat-to-Internet-Explorer-users--/news/111017

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
06/29/08 08:09 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

While that is some scarey information. It doesn't describe what was happening to people trying to download from this site. The Java they were using in one of the ad's here was continually calling itself repeatedly looping until the browsers had eaten up so much memory that they either crashed or froze up entirely. Turning on adblockers stopped it. I have no idea if they've fixed it because I no longer browse this site with advertising allowed.

Beatrice
(Newbie)
06/29/08 09:58 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It seems to have been sorted out

spacenewt
(Newbie)
07/01/08 04:21 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: Beatrice]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yup the ads crashing the browser problem seems to be fixed....

The main problem remains though.....

Please give us a definative answer guys..... We've been really patient with all this, but honestly, how long does it take to decide to share the revenue or not?Undecided

DavidJHanna
(Journeyman)
07/01/08 09:33 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: spacenewt]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The last I heard, ShareCG does still intends to eventually reinstate sharing the wealth.
If you check jakeheller's response on http://www10.sharecg.com/wwwthreads-5.3/showflat.php?Cat=8,9,10,11,12&Board=discussion&Number=97401&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=
you will see the following response:

Yes, we do intend on bringing revenue sharing back. Designing the new system is what has been keeping us busy (as well as working on our sister sites, which are also important for our revenue--and are essentially paying for ShareCG's existence right now). Please continue to use the site's benefits other than revenue sharing--i.e., downloading quality downloads... we hope the site is beneficial to its users, even when we don't pay 'em.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise