ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 225406 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
raytracer
(Journeyman)
10/06/10 04:33 AM
ShareCG It Pays to Share Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

So anyone earning since they brought it back?

http://www.raytracestudio.co.nr

Goldenthrush
(Newbie)
10/06/10 06:47 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don't know, I re-registered for it, but the "my earnings" thing hasn't shown up for me but twice.  Looks like people are coming back, too.

jedswindells
(Stranger)
10/06/10 09:01 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: Goldenthrush]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I joined after the 'earnings' era,I needed a site to post free models.

I won't be holding my breath in anticipation of earnings!.Give it time and see what happens,at least the site may attract new members and all they have to offer!.

Cheers! Jed

Jumpstartme2
(Member)
10/06/10 09:19 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: jedswindells]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

As for the earnings thing..that only shows my views for October. I can only hope that staff here pay more attention than they did the last time.

irishlostboy
(Member)
10/06/10 12:23 PM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

i cannot see any info regards earning, but i am sure it will arrive when it is meant to.

i will be very interested once i see what the per unit rate is. then i will have to work out a rough amount that i should have earned off the many tens of thousands of views and downloads of my previous submissions since earning was cancelled ages ago.

if it proves even vaguely worthwhile i may start putting my newer work up.

http://irishlostboy.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/irishlostboy

andreolicg
(Stranger)
10/06/10 05:52 PM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: irishlostboy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

i see alot of the old people that were here about 3 years ago when earnings were canceled. good to see ya! i made a new account yesterday and the earnings button has only shown 2 times. otherwise there is nothing in its place. i sent a PM asking where i could view my earnings or if i had to wait the 24 hours when first opening an account to be able to see anything.and i still havent received an explanation or a button. before i unleash the creation hounds and upload a bunch of stuff i want to be sure everything is in order.

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
10/06/10 08:01 PM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yeah, I'm one of the ones who left and came back but only partially. Already I've noticed that to get the earnings tab to showup again I have to re-enroll daily to get the tab to show up. As of today and having 5 items online again since Monday I see this message when I get the tab to show up:

You have received 883 views this month (since the beginning of October)
(statistics are updated once daily so they can be up to 24 hours old)

I still get an error when clicking the enroll button that something isn't being saved properly to the database but it flashes by too quickly to capture.

Edited by MatrixWorkz on 10/06/10 08:04 PM.

Jumpstartme2
(Member)
10/07/10 12:31 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Ahh geez...we have to enroll daily now? Im sorry, but Im not going to hold my breath this time..I haven't taken my items down in all this time..figure someone may get some use out of them...but Im not going to worry about the earnings anymore..if I get them I get them..but I def won't be running to and fro trying to get traffic here like I used to just to get a buck or two...

Hello to all I haven't seen in some time :)

raytracer
(Journeyman)
10/07/10 08:17 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Check your browser settings. Its accessible for me anytime. No earnings data though just views.

http://www.raytracestudio.co.nr

Goldenthrush
(Newbie)
10/07/10 01:01 PM

What should the browser settings be?  I'm having the same issue as Matrixworks.  :D

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
10/08/10 02:24 PM

Hi Everyone ...

How we calculate earnings + What's displayed under your Earnings tab

At the end of each month we take 50% of the revenue earned across all program participant’s view pages and distribute this to each participant based on the percentage of legitimate page views each participant received.

For example, if the total revenue was $5,000, then the pool would contain $2,500 (50% of total revenue). If your view pages received/contributed 1% of the total page views for the month then you’d receive $25.

Also, when November 1st arrives you're earnings accounting sheet will be displayed.  Until then all you'll see are the number of page views your work has received.

You probably won't be able to make a living from this program, but you will make something, and $omething is better than nothingEmbarassed  So, you really have nothing to loose -- Enjoy.

Jumpstartme2
(Member)
10/10/10 09:40 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

So shouldn't members be able to see what the total revenue for the month is?

Goldenthrush
(Newbie)
10/11/10 12:54 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It's showing up for me now!  Yay!

cgart101
(Stranger)
10/12/10 09:30 AM

Not yet, since the only thing that's certain now, until the month ends, are the number of page views each contributor has received to date.  The final accounting takes place on the 1st of November when the total October monthly revenue is accounted for and proportioned across all  participants.  

andreolicg
(Stranger)
10/12/10 05:59 PM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: cgart101]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

yeah its showing the button for me now too and i didnt change anything as far as browser settings or anything.

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
10/23/10 03:03 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: andreolicg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yeah I'm no longer having to sign up daily.

joequick
(Stranger)
11/01/10 08:07 AM

So my 6000 some views for October just reverted back to zero, no sign of "earnings" yet.

Jumpstartme2
(Member)
11/02/10 12:16 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: joequick]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

What was the total revenue?

Crios
(Stranger)
11/02/10 02:22 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I've finally see my earnings in the table, but how can request the payout?

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
11/02/10 09:47 AM

Hi The total ad revenue was $3K  which was split between us and the users participating in the program ... so $1.5K was distributed.

Kimber89
(Journeyman)
11/12/10 06:42 PM

Glad to see payouts again, not that it ever mattered much to me as I've had many things here for over 3 years which is a blessing in itself.

However, having checked my paypal account, no payout has shown.

When can we expect payments to show?

Kimber89
(Stranger)
11/15/10 04:11 PM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: Kimber89]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ShareCG makes payments when a person's account balance reaches or exceeds $25. If it's less than this, your balance continues to carry forward until it does.

Jumpstartme2
(Member)
11/20/10 12:05 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: Kimber89]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We have 2 Kimber89's?..one that asks a question and one who answers it? How's that happen?

Kimber89
(Stranger)
11/22/10 07:18 PM

Good Question... I'm not liking that, could lead to harmful impersonation.

CFandM
(Stranger)
11/23/10 11:24 AM

You should see what shown up on one of the comments for a texture of mine.....Its someone commenting with my user name.....Had to email the staff with that one since it looked liked I was commenting on my own stuff..........Foot in mouth

Don't know if it was ever solved so changed my password in case...Sealed

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
11/24/10 02:31 PM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: CFandM]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi All .... There are no duplicate usernames in our database.   I just did a sanity check on CFandM and Kimber89.   There are some that are close to each other, but not the same.

On another note ---- Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

CFandM
(Stranger)
11/24/10 05:41 PM

That is good news...Still to this day I wonder how it happened...Surprised

On the feedback and comments..

http://www.sharecg.com/v/30397/gallery/Texture/Architectural-Textures

You also have a wonderful Thanksgiving...Laughing

Edited by CFandM on 11/24/10 05:42 PM.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
11/27/10 11:29 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: CFandM]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi --- I took a look at the comment you're referring to and it took place 7 months ago.  The only thing we can surmise is that your computer, or the computer that you were accessing SCG with was logged in as you and someone used the same computer to make the comment with. This might have happened at a library, internet cafe, or other place where people share computers.

That's our best guess, and fortunately this hasn't occured again.

CFandM
(Stranger)
11/27/10 12:08 PM

Yep I had been straining the brain trying to figure out how it happened....The computer that I log on is a home computer and no one has access to it besides me....I do not have access at work nor have I been to a public place logging on to Scg.......So thats why it was a curious one..Otherwise that would have been my first guess....But like you posted that luckly it has not happened again and there was no others since then....Laughing

franontheedge
(Newbie)
11/29/10 12:18 PM

This is really nice to see the earnings part of ShareCG returning, I never put stuff up here just for the money, but to share freebies.  But I must admit that seeing this come back has reminded me about ShareCG, so that now after 3 years of hard work at uni, I finally have a little free time - I must see about creating some new stuff for my portfolio here.

It could take quite a while to see any monetary returns, but I love the new "rating" system, that and the views help me to see what people actually like.

I might try a UVMapped and textured model to see what people think of it....

Nice to see people back here again - Hi everybody!

FranOnTheEdge

karanta
(Stranger)
01/04/11 01:57 AM

I'm a bit confused...

I had about 3800 - 4000 views or so in December and they reverted back to zero on the 1st of January. I don't expect a lot of earnings for that *lol* - but there should be "something" under the earnings tab or did I missunderstand something?

Even if it's 1 or 2 dollars (I've no idea what the $ amount will be for that amount of views) - it should be visible there....

I only see new views for January but nothing else.

(sorry for my bad english)

joequick
(Stranger)
01/04/11 02:29 PM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: karanta]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

They may just be taking their time in posting your total numbers for December and what that means for you earnings wise.  It is the holiday season.

karanta
(Stranger)
01/04/11 04:55 PM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: joequick]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Ah ok :)

I thought earnings / views for December would show automatically on the 1st of January.

lupadgds
(Newbie)
02/03/11 05:02 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: karanta]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am confused about the disappearing from the Logo "sharecg, it pays to share". Is paying continued for February also, or stop you the paying again?

karanta
(Stranger)
03/12/11 12:33 AM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: lupadgds]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If you scroll down to the bottom of the site, the link to the agreement is still there.

joequick
(Stranger)
05/07/11 11:41 AM

I feel like we're dragging butt a little bit more every month when it comes to posting the previous months data and/or making payments.  I doubt anyone is trying to make a living off of this, but it would be nice if the turnaround was a bit quicker.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
05/09/11 02:22 PM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: Goldenthrush]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi ... I Just took a look at your account as administrator (I'm the admin for ShareCG) and all of your earnings information is shown correctly.  I'm running Windows Vista here at home and using Firefox browser V 3.6.1.7.

I'm not sure why you aren't also able to see this?  Do you have your cookies turned on?  Is your computer's date setting correct? 

David
ShareCG Admin

joequick
(Stranger)
05/09/11 03:28 PM

Edited

Edited by joequick on 05/09/11 04:23 PM.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
05/09/11 04:22 PM

Hello All --- "I looked at the enemy and they are me!"  I'm to blame.  I totally forgot to push the 'pay' button.  I've sent April's report to PayPal for processing and will be updating all the accounts on the site tomorrow.

My sincere apologies!

David
ShareCG Admin

BadFaerie
(Stranger)
10/11/11 12:43 PM

I'm pretty certain that I reached the payment threshold last month, is there anything that I need to do to claim, or is it all automatic?

BadFaerie
(Stranger)
10/14/11 09:52 AM

Is this scheme still going, and how can I tell if I'm properly subscribed?

toads
(Stranger)
01/10/12 03:32 PM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: BadFaerie]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi there boys and girls, I was also wondering if this scheme is still going as I am looking in the lower page and can't seem to find the link or do I need an upload already in my account to access it? Thanks for the help ;)

Edited by toads on 01/10/12 03:33 PM.

Jumpstartme2
(Member)
01/13/12 09:15 PM
Re: ShareCG It Pays to Share new [re: toads]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Click on 'my account' at top left of page by your username, then on the next page  click the 'earnings' tab.

Argoon
(Stranger)
02/01/13 06:01 PM

I don't have that tab is this program still in effect? It was the reason that made me upload my models here back then, i didn't made much that's true and my models are not the most popular, but it was nice to see some cash coming my way. 

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise