ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 272751 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
EnglishBob
(Stranger)
02/15/12 04:09 AM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? new [re: WandW]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks for the welcome, all. This forum doesn't seem to do notifications, although I see I can have replies e-mailed to me so perhaps I'll try that...

I hadn't considered the Sketchup warehouse as a potential laundering facility for pirated models, but I can appreciate that possibility now. That's a depressing thought. :(

Although talk of WERTS is drifting off topic, the early uploads did indeed contain complete OBJ meshes from DAZ (and other) models, or parts thereof. However the later celebrity morphs were in the form of "vertex-only" OBJ files, contining no facet information, following a kindly word from DAZ. I don't know the reason for this member's disappearance, but in my opinion it wasn't copyright infringement.

WandW
(Stranger)
02/15/12 06:02 AM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? new [re: EnglishBob]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanx for the note about WERTS, EB; It eases my concience a bit.

Also, my comments were directed to the general community; vendors such as Meshbox need to protect their livelihood, and can't be patient with potential infringement, although it sounds like DAZ were good sports in WERTS' case, likely because no real harm was done....

BadFaerie
(Stranger)
02/17/12 10:12 AM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? new [re: Meshbox]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

A while back I was looking for some specific models, and noticed that many of their models seemed to be incredibly similar to some that I'd seen on the Sketchup page. That other people were claiming to have created.

I was wondering how long it was going to be before somebody took action.

I had considered reporting them, but I wasn't 100% certain so I held off. Looks like somebody else was more certain than I was.

McGyver
(Stranger)
02/17/12 10:19 AM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? new [re: michaeltoonz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

All I can say is HA! .... Actually HA! HA! HA! HOOO HOOO HEEE HEEE!!. Sorry to gloat but that guy has been uploading other people's models since he first came here. I had been able to tack down over 85% of his models from other sites. Multiple time I had contacted the original owners or sites... only once I received a reply. The thing that galled me the most was his placing his name on the license plates and saying "My gift to you" in the item description... granted he could of been some starving pensioner desperate for income, but DON'T steal AND take credit for your theft... talk about adding insult to injury. I'm particularly annoyed since I'm sure he is in part responsible for the termination of the " It pays to share" policy. Frikin greedy dishonest people have to always ruin it for everyone else.

Good riddance.

blazeredflame
(Stranger)
05/18/12 12:11 PM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? new [re: McGyver]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Not to dig up an old topic but does anyone know where he was getting the celebrity face morphs for V4?     I tried to make some face models before with face time but didn't have much luck.

beekeeper
(Stranger)
08/11/12 05:52 PM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? [re: McGyver]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I had downloaded some of his models at the beginning but became very suspicious of his prolific output. Did a bit of checking and realised what he was doing - immediately stopped downloading his 'work' and reported him - though it was ages before anything was done about it.

Was so glad that something did happen eventually - but was livid that it was people like him who led to the stopping of the "It pays to share" policy. I'm a pensioner myself and every little .0018 cents made a big difference to me. :(

And I suppose the thing that really pissed me off was that, even though everything I have ever posted was 100% my own work, I was concentrating on producing very specific items so I limited the number of files I uploaded because I didn't want to seem greedy - hah, well the joke was on me wasn't it!?!

launok
(Stranger)
12/07/12 12:58 PM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? [re: EnglishBob]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Gosh, I am in total shock!!! I didn't know about this at all but it just struck my mind a few minutes ago that I haven't seen any new models for some time from Dalmatiner and when I couldn't find his profile on here, I did a search via Google, which leads me to this thread! And I thought he was such a good modeler that I even asked him some months back to make a model of the old classic, Borgward. His comment was he doesn't have a blueprint for that but will try getting it.

Just shows one must be VERY careful and cautious at all times. Frown

Laura

Spydraxis
(Stranger)
12/10/12 10:27 PM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? [re: michaeltoonz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

where can I get a list if his verified thefts? I always knew he did conversions (I do to) but as a professional artist its standard practice to check useage and copyrights before posting a commercial or private piece. Some folks don't want commercial renders using their models and sadly mnay modelers aren't even in control of the commarcial aspect/rights  such as when they make a fanart model (Batmobile for instance) Why he would do that is beyond me. Why Sharecg moderators didn't post this to evryone is also byond me. I haven't made any commercial renders with his models and now I have to delete that really cool trailer I never got to use (Thank God) but I also have to track down all of his models in my runtime?   I know this may sound selfish but since you're the only guys who can do it, would the admins please send a memo with the list alonmg with highlighted models confirmed stolen? Thanks

Meshbox
(Stranger)
03/05/13 11:58 AM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? *DELETED* [re: Spydraxis]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Post deleted by teamsharecg

hisstoryman
(Stranger)
03/28/13 08:35 PM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? [re: Meshbox]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Jesbus on a Wheat Thin!  Guess I will scour my runtime looking for "his" stuff since no one can provide a list of his former posts.  There goes my Vehicles runtime..... (slams head on desk)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise