ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 275523 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
mafiagore2
(Stranger)
02/09/12 02:42 PM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? [re: guardian_angel_671]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi, guardian.

Fom the limited view in your render, it looks like it is 'very similar' to the model offered by 'De Espona' at this site - http://www.the3dstudio.com

A search for "forklift 3d" using the Google image engine should find a few more possible candidates, but I think that this is the model info you were looking for. Sadly the De Espona catalogue of models has been very heavily abused on torrent sites and I have seen quite alot of them turn up here and other artist oriented sites.

All the best, Maf.

Edited by ibsystems on 04/08/15 04:25 PM.

guardian_angel_671
(Stranger)
02/09/12 02:56 PM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? [re: mafiagore2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

thanks i'll check & see if my copy looks like that & i'll contact the vendor & have them check to see if it's theirs.& see how to correct this mistake. now i feel awful:(

May the hands of fate by kind to you & yours:)

cridgit
(Stranger)
02/09/12 03:09 PM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? new [re: guardian_angel_671]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I've deleted all Dalmatiner stuff from my HD just to be on the safe side. The amount of damage such activities cause to the industry, and the amount of PITA they cause to us artists is really annoying.

What is ShareCG's policy on informing users when such activities have been detected? I would assume we all need to be notified so that we can ensure we are not exposed. Is there a formal notice area regarding Dalmatiner and perhaps other offenders? I want to make sure my runtime is clean.

Thanks

guardian_angel_671
(Stranger)
02/09/12 04:19 PM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? new [re: cridgit]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

mafiagore2  how do i contact you to get a copy of the list you mentioned? i tried the google search,& found links with the name of poster but not the items.on firefox i couldn't find the cache option. so far i know of the forklift & a 1977 chevrolet camaro i downloaded from those shares.(not sure if i downloaded anything else.) & of course those items have no readmes.

May the hands of fate by kind to you & yours:)

mafiagore2
(Stranger)
02/10/12 03:39 AM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? [re: guardian_angel_671]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

to guardian - Its only a partial list but it does have graphic thumbnails of the uploads. You can contact me at - lemon6seven@gmail.com.

If you are using Firefox then try this - using the web search rather than image search - enter the search criteria, then scroll down and hover the arrow over the entry you are interested in viewing - in the right window pane there will apear the web page address at the top and a reduced size image of the page as google saved it upon their last 'trolling'.

Next to the web address and usually to the right side of it, is the word 'cached'. Right click on this and open in new window.

Because all users have entered different searches in the past , Google may well display different results for you than othere users have recieved.

Mail me and I'll pass on what I have to you.

WandW
(Stranger)
02/10/12 04:35 AM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? [re: michaeltoonz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I suspect he was converting SketchUp format models he found on Google 3D Warehouse, as I was looking for better versions of a couple of his and happened across models there; the descriptions were identical.

Giving all involved the benefit of doubt, the take-home lesson is that if one is converting models one finds on the web, first research as to thier actual source, and make sure they are indeed allowed to be distributed by their creators...

michaeltoonz
(Stranger)
02/10/12 04:19 PM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? new [re: WandW]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi guys, I found a email address and wrote to Dalmatiner concerning what happened, asking to talk about what happened and to get his side of the story, but I got nothing back from him.

I wasn't sure what to do next and saw someone using his name on Renderocity a couple of days ago, I asked if he was the same person and got no reply. I saw this morning he had posted the same 1932 Ford Hot Rod I downloaded last year from Sharecg, for both commercial and non commercial work. It was beyond doubt, I then put up the following posting. 

"WARNING!!! Anyone who has downloaded any of Dalmatiner stuff needs to beaware that he has been removed from Sharecg for copying other peoples work and giving them away as his own. I had to delete all the models I downloaded from him because some of them turned out to be commercial models and I could not verify the integrity of the other models! So download at your own risk! Link to Currant dialog on his stuff on Sharecg

http://www10.sharecg.com/wwwthreads-5.3/showflat.php?Cat=8,9,10,11,12&Board=discussion&Number=192901&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=1&vc=1 "

It looks like this guy has no moral integerity at all and is prepared to willingly get other people into serious copyright truoble without thought or concern to the harm that he will be bring them.

marcodd
(Newbie)
02/11/12 07:16 AM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? new [re: michaeltoonz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It seems he deleted all the comments (including your warning) for the Ford Hot Rod freebie posted at Renderosity...Frown

WandW
(Stranger)
02/11/12 08:35 AM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? new [re: michaeltoonz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don't know that "moral integrity" is an issue; Many of the models he posted here can be downloaded in SketchUp and Collada format from Google 3D Warehouse, and there are several models of 1932 Ford cars and components there.  The license there is  "a perpetual, sublicensable, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content or derivative works thereof which you publicly post or display on or through the Services ".  He my have obtained the ones in question there due to someone posting them there illegally.  He is certainly not gaining financially by sharing at Rendo...

Meshbox
(Stranger)
02/11/12 11:33 AM
Re: Whats Happened Dalmatiner? new [re: WandW]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Even if a model is sourced from Google Warehouse, you only have the assurance that someone agreed to their terms, and not that Google Warehouse has done any due diligence at all. You are using any content from Google Warehouse at your own risk - they could be served with a DMCA takedown notice at any time. If THEY pull it down, its possible they will get safe harbor. Reposters do not get that protection.

You should never repost something unless you have are 100% sure you have the right to do so. Google is not warranting your rights at all.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise