ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 17593 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

JeremyBro30
(Stranger)
02/17/12 03:10 PM
How do I use the files I get here? new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

How do I use the files I get here?

I have downloaded some DAZ content from this site. I know how to open the files. I am unsure where the files inside the zip archive need to be put in order for DAZ to read them properly.

Please help!

mediasponge
(Stranger)
02/17/12 03:17 PM
Re: How do I use the files I get here? new [re: JeremyBro30]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Unzip the zip file to a temp folder. There is normally a "Runtime" folder inside the zip file. If you installed any Daz content, it will be in "My Library" somewhere. Inside My Library, there should be a Runtime folder for Poser content. Merge the zip file runtime with your runtime. Make sure Daz Studio recognizes My Library as both Poser and Daz content. If the zip file contains a folder called "content" that is the same as My Library. Merge the contents of "content" directly to My Library.

Edit: The Daz New users help forum is full of info on this and other topics:

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewforum.php?f=97

Edited by mediasponge on 02/17/12 03:19 PM.

JeremyBro30
(Stranger)
02/17/12 03:21 PM
Re: How do I use the files I get here? [re: mediasponge]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

thats what i did but it cannot find the parts that where included in the zip file, i must have done something wrong.

mediasponge
(Stranger)
02/17/12 03:26 PM
Re: How do I use the files I get here? new [re: JeremyBro30]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If it's a Poser format item, you won't find it under Smart Content. Look under Poser content. Can you provide a link to one of the items you got from here? Does your content from Daz work?

sonel
(Stranger)
04/16/12 09:55 AM
Re: How do I use the files I get here? new [re: mediasponge]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I can't apply the .pz2 file i downloaded here http://www.sharecg.com/v/55066/view/11/Poser/Heather-Mason-for-v4 to Genesis, default model of DAZ 3d. When I drag it to the model, nothing happens.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise