ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 32210 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tping
(Stranger)
06/30/07 05:40 PM
uploads new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm not sure where to post this so excuse me if it's in the wrong place.

I don't seem to be able to upload zip files. I was able to upload a couple of texture photos as .jpg's singly without any trouble. I inserted the zip file name in the form where it asks for "file", just as I did with the single files. I need a little help to figure out if the problem is us or them, (them being my ISP).

I would like to be able to package similar themed textures in a zip to help keep down site clutter while providing the same amount of images for folks to use. With the option of 4 thumbnail images, the current upload setup is ideal for zips containing 4 files.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jumpstartme2
(Newbie)
07/01/07 12:42 PM
Re: uploads new [re: tping]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Place them in the 'texture' category on the first page {upload>texture}

That catagory has the ability to add a zip in the upload area. The others like 'art' only accept image formats, not zip ;) 

Wiccan
(Stranger)
08/09/07 04:43 PM
Re: uploads new [re: tping]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you, that has answered my question as well.  I do think it will hurt sorting and searching features, but that is just my opinion.

Example: I like to do images in PSD format.  They can be used as stand alone, but have been  designed for Poser/Daz users.  Primarily intended as backdrops, PSD layers allow people to select the optional 

elements they wish to use.

Smile 

Can we have PSD extention added to images (for uploads)?

Edited by Wiccan on 08/09/07 04:44 PM.

jakehellerModerator
(Newbie)
08/10/07 10:56 AM
Re: uploads [re: Wiccan]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Wiccan,

If you mean in the "art" section, although we would love to, there is one issue: we cannot take your PSDs and convert them into something that people can see in the art gallery. Other than that, in almost any other section that it's appropriate (like textures, etc) please feel free!

Best,

Jake

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise