ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 187756 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
09/14/07 06:45 PM
Re: Questionable Tubes new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don't have to explain what I said. It was very clearly written. I don't know you nor was my comment aimed at you. I merely stated what I think about Tubes made from commercial items and fonts. What I think shouldn't bother you a bit because I'm not forcing you or anyone else to think the way I do. I do have a right to say what I think though.

Now if I had said, "OH, you're evil and going to hell for tubing!" THAT would have been me "having a go at you". I don't think that about you though and I wouldn't say it if I did. Sealed I think you need to stop wearing your heart on your sleeve when you read the forums.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

joypauline
(Stranger)
09/15/07 10:16 AM
Re: Questionable Tubes [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just to clarify the position on rendered images from Poser....here is a link

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2708402

I have consulted all the necessary copyright people and I think it is time that this issue was just accepted. I do Poser renders and alphabets and removed my stuff yesterday out of sheer frustration. How stupid I was...it took hours and hours to upload because I am one of those members whose uploads fail to appear.

I am not a tuber....(although the same conditions to apply to this practice) so can we just accept that the EULA and the statements from the experts is correct!!!!?????

Thanks for listening....I am so fed up with ignorance!!! I spend hours on my educational work and the stuff that I had posted here (now gone forever) but c'est la vie!!!!

Cheers

MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
09/15/07 11:39 AM
Re: Questionable Tubes [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

That thread only refers to commercially sold items from Renderosity. Each and every store on the net has it's own EULA and many stores do not allow commercial products to be made based on their items. I know for a fact that many font makers don't allow their fonts to be reproduced and sold. Always read your EULA's when you buy commercial products that you intend to use for resale or giveaways. Cool

Ignorance of the copyright laws won't protect you in a court of law. 

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

joypauline
(Stranger)
09/15/07 11:51 AM
Re: Questionable Tubes new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I do read my EULAs and get written confirmation from font providers. I have clarified the situation with DAZ too. All I am saying is that I have done my research and want to share it. I have also collaborated with vendors today and they have reinforced my statements. Just want to make it clear because it has been discussed and discussed and discussed. I am worn out now with ensuring that I have my facts straight. It is 8 O'clock in the evening here in the UK and I have had long day and night!!!

Thanks for your reply!!

Kimber89
(Stranger)
09/16/07 09:34 PM
Re: Questionable Tubes new [re: Axe_Swipe]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Axe, sweetie, you just about had me go into a fit! LOL!!

I have a DA account in which I supply renders as stock for photomanipulations....

Several months ago, I stopped because this very issue came up in the Daz Forums. I watched the topic carefully, even asked if what I was doing was wrong & if it violated Daz' EULA. SKrondis himself said he doesn't have any issues with "tubes" (if I could hunt down that long, long thread again....).

The issue has more to do with rendering say textures on a plane or square where someone could extract them from a 2D image and the Daz Environments. Straight renders of the Cyclorama & other environments are a strict no-no, even if you throw in a couple of plants. The environments have to be filled in such a way that someone can't get the the actual Cyclo, MilEnvironment, & Playsets.

I have started doing my "3D" stock again BTW and I am careful about how & what I render. I don't promote my DA stock to 3D sites as they are for 2D manipulations or web design.

If .pngs or "tubes" are not allowed then there are a slew of DA stockers & tube providers on the net that are in a heap of trouble, including myself.

Axe_Swipe
(Stranger)
09/17/07 09:25 AM
Re: Questionable Tubes new [re: Kimber89]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It really wasn't my intention to start a big argument here, but obviously my OP has had that effect and if I upset anyone, I apologize.

It seems that what I had interpreted to be a no-no has turned out to become an acceptable practice and therefore I'll digress the issue.

Kimber, I know you do great work and always look forward to seeing more of it Laughing

Which reminds me btw, I'm redoing my site and still have some of your t-shirt textures there.  If you have them uploaded here, send me the links and I'll be happy to redirect the links so you get credit for the views. Cool

Kimber89
(Stranger)
09/17/07 10:37 AM
Re: Questionable Tubes new [re: Axe_Swipe]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You haven't upset anyone Axe. *Big HUG*

It's that one line the EULAs that causes a great deal of confusion that's not necessary. 

A "competing" product means you can't extract the mesh/texture to create another mesh/texture to redistribute for sale or free. The Daz Environments, NERD Backdrop, etc., are already "textures" on a basically flat plane therefore "rendering" an unfilled bare environment is an EULA violation since one really doesn't need to buy the environments if someone has out a bare render of it.

"Competing product" does not apply to a render .png of a posed V4 dressed in the MFD. You can't extract the V4 or MFD mesh from a flat 2D image and you can't extract the textures in their original format (meaning the texture map itself).

You have reminded me to get started on Halloween textures for your clothing Axe!!

You can upload the Tees here, you did the MATs for them! ;) 

Axe_Swipe
(Stranger)
09/17/07 10:48 AM
Re: Questionable Tubes new [re: Kimber89]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

In that case, I'll get the Christams textures uploaded, but the Star texture set you did is still just the texture files.

I'll see about getting MATs created for that though ;)

Kimber89
(Stranger)
09/17/07 11:02 AM

UGH! That Star set...what was that, my very first texture? LMAO!

Great! *HUG*

joypauline
(Stranger)
09/17/07 12:30 PM

Thanks for your information Kimber!!!!!

Smile

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise