ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 31542 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

joypauline
(Newbie)
09/30/07 07:32 AM
Announcement Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I read with interest the announcement made by admin on those who generate page views unfairly. I applaud their actions in weeding these people out!!...BUT...a member told me about "bots". Excuse my ignorance, but could someone PLEASE tell me what this means????? As for the cheats.....what IS the point?

Cheer to all

irishlostboy
(Newbie)
09/30/07 09:05 AM
Re: Announcement new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ok. bots. a "bot" is a program that automaticly loads into a webpage, thus boosting page views. bots can be scripted to do all kinds of things, like create a new IP before it logs in. etc etc.

the point is though, its a program, and usually  leaves a pattern of some kind. what kind of pattern i dont know. also, usually a dead give away, is ten thousand views on a piece of crap.

i am sure the admins have a fair system to weed out the fake views.  

joypauline
(Newbie)
09/30/07 09:15 AM
Re: Announcement new [re: irishlostboy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you for that!!!! Now I get it!....what IS the point???

MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
09/30/07 10:14 AM
Re: Announcement new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The point is people think they can get away with stealing more money by generating false views on their content. It's always greed.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise