ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 282001 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
jakehellerModerator
(Journeyman)
10/12/07 06:48 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Angela,

The answer to both questions is NO. Everything must be your own original works. We don't want to award people for copying and uploading other people's stuff. Even if it's not a copyright violation, it's not the point of the site: to award good artists for the hard work they do.

-Jake

angelaandreoli
(Stranger)
10/13/07 07:28 AM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

thank you for the prompt answer to that. so what i should do next is start flagging the ones that are "copys" so to speak and send that with the info on what site they came from.correct? i have to make sure i wouldnt be doing anything wrong. and the things i click on will be double checked to make sure i havent made a mistake. ok so i have a bunch of free time today i will get to clicking.

jakehellerModerator
(Journeyman)
10/13/07 08:36 AM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Checking up to see that we don't have any illegal content on our site would be appreciated. On the other hand, we have to make sure not to make any mistakes or be overbroad. We'll tread carefully with every suggestion you give.

Thanks for the help!

Jake

angelaandreoli
(Stranger)
10/13/07 10:58 AM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

oh yes please double check to make sure that i havent made a mistake.

-----

one of the sites that stuff is comming from, is called www.fontplay.com/freephotos

they actuall have some beautiful hi res pictures.they are for free and they say on the front page that you dont need to ask for permission to use them however you want and they say in the same paragraph that you dont need to give credit.

someone on sharecg has taken a few of these and extended the sand or ground or what have you at the bottom of the photo so it fits on the cyclorama.

now as far as i can tell that is the only differance between whats on that site and whats being posted here. if this should be flagged please let me know. 

----- another site that stuff is comming from is called.......

www.cepolina.com

a differant person is taking photos from there and posting them on here. but,lets say for example that its a beach picture...they would take the people out of the photo and then call it good. i would like to know if this should be flagged as well.

like i said befor i dont want to flag something that shouldnt be flagged.

Edited by angelaandreoli on 10/13/07 11:24 AM.

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
10/13/07 01:50 PM

Regarding the person or persons using material from fontplay.com/freephotos ... they have added the following to the description portion of their uploads:

'ItemName' is based on photo from http://http://www.fontplay.com/freephotos/ Thanks for looking :)

By doing this these users are not only following the guidlines posted on the fontplay site but are providing recognition and a link back to that site to help fontplay.com/freephotos get more page views.

Edited by ibsystems on 10/14/07 04:25 PM.

classylady
(Stranger)
10/15/07 10:19 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think it is a shame that this site should take on a "bad rep" just because some people can't show courtesy to others.

Is there a limit here besides 180 megs ?? Reason I ask is the day I posted  another person posted right after 5 pages worth. Seems like in the future a limit may be needed.

As for Renderosity, after what they accused me of I won't be posting any freebies there.  Long story won't bore anyone

Yet people who have taken advantage of what we all enjoy here has caused all the current problems with Renderosity.  This site does not deserve to be " a bad site"  I can see both sides of the situation , your never going to please everyone, but for those who have caused this abuse stop and think of others once in awhile...let alone again what you enjoy here.

THINK PEOPLE WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW  the Admin here have asked nicely, possibly putting it in to a news letter may help., or thinking about a limited items in the future. I don't have the answer just my own personal opinion and not trying to make anyone upset.

classylady/Carolyn

3dgreg
(Stranger)
10/27/08 08:43 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Geez, I always thought this was supposed to be for having some fun. Oh well, I'll continue having fun and let those others hang themselves. What about the idea, three strikes and your out ? Seems like someone is always trying to take advantage of a system somewhere, what a shame.

Still, this is awesome site, one of a kind !

ibsystemsAdministrator
(Stranger )
10/30/08 09:47 AM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: 3dgreg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi All .... I'm working on cleaning out any spam entries this morning.

Also, STAND BY BIG THINGS COMING!!!!  We'll be launching a new site look and functionality within the next two weeks that is truely awesome .... we're going black to highlight your works and the site's entire look and feel is super cool and more ergonomic.  Stay tuned ....

Edited by ibsystems on 10/30/08 09:49 AM.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
11/03/08 03:26 PM

Hi ... You can post as much as you'd like .... the only time things will be rejected is if they're blatantly in bad taste or if they don't belong on the site at all. 

Go for it!!

David
ShareCG.com

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise