ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 111572 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
adp__
(Stranger)
10/14/07 07:53 AM
Poser Background Spam Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Next one.

Somebody declares nice but simple JPG files to background images. Most visitors watching this items aren't aware that it is only an image. Please move this images over to art.

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
10/14/07 01:27 PM
Re: Poser Background Spam [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Until we get the 2D area, backgrounds in a zip should go to Textures>Backgrounds...as there really is no other place to put them...

btw, Any word on how soon the 2D upload area is going to be activated?

adp__
(Stranger)
10/14/07 02:36 PM
Re: Poser Background Spam new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hm. Not shure if a plain jpeg should be seen as a background for a 3D app. It's a photo or a 3D created image that should be uploaded to the image gallery as usual. 

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/14/07 03:55 PM
Re: Poser Background Spam new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We're trying to get people who upload backgrounds to bundle them into a zip. ZIP files don't go in the 2D Art or Photo section.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

adp__
(Stranger)
10/14/07 04:35 PM
Re: Poser Background Spam [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Fine. But for what reason is a collection of JPG files special for Poser?

If such an image is made to be a background, it is a *material* for a (poser|cinema4D|bryce|vue|Max|Maya) background. No reason to say: "Poser background only".

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/14/07 06:52 PM
Re: Poser Background Spam new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well my guess would be that in the higher end applications, you don't see people using backgrounds as often as you do in Poser & DAZ Studio. I for example use Bryce, Vue & Cararra to CREATE backgrounds for my Poser images, not the other way around.  For that reason alone, I don't tend to download backgrounds to begin with, but some newbies need the backgrounds if they don't have the software to make their own like I do.

adp__
(Stranger)
10/14/07 07:38 PM
Re: Poser Background Spam new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Aha. I see your point.

Poser has a "Background Prop". Made to insert photos for example. Well documented in the manual how to handle it. With your own photographs, for example. This is the reason why a simple image is a Poser item? Because it is usable as background? If you see it this way, any 2D image is also a texture for Poser. So better the same image(s) should be uploaded to all other 3D categories, because this image is maybe usefull for one or two Max/Maya users as background, too.

Allowing people to upload "simple" images to the Poser categorie is an invitation to spam this category. Because at the end, some other people may feel the need to upload anything that comes out of their digital camera to the Poser categorie. Several hundered or more per day. Something you really like to see?

Actually what shareCG does is not my business. Nor is shareCG a hobby of mine. I just said what I think about it. That's all. 

I use shareCG as long as it is usefull for my purposes. I have several choices to deposit my packages. We'll see :)

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/14/07 09:21 PM

Poser doesn't even need the background prop unless you're going for realistic shadows on the background. It also allows the import directly to the studio background which is grey by default. Shadows on that background can even be fudged to a point by using shadow catching on the ground prop and other props in the scene.

What will make or break these spam backgrounds is whether or not people actually bother with downloading them. I've been looking at the view counts of some of these items and frankly I don't see the threat compared to the views on the good 3D items. At least one of my items alone has 100 times the views of many of these background props. 

adp__
(Stranger)
10/14/07 10:08 PM
Re: Poser Background Spam [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Oh, I don't realize that "view" is a synonyme for "download".

As far as I can tell, mutch users are courious about what a click on this nice icons may discover. They surly don't expect a simple picture masqueraded as poser item.

Others are simply curious about what is possible to cheat this site. This is also counted as a "view" (download?).

And once again: These pictures are nice. But in the *wrong* category. That's all.

But as I said allready: Not really my business. 

marcodd
(Stranger)
10/15/07 02:23 AM

I completely agree with you, adp.

Poser section is becoming full of simple images, which "technically" are absolutely not Poser contents... Urgently need of an upload moderator here at Sharecg, imho (and starting to count downloads, instead of views, as i proposed a long time ago...) 

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise