ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 55291 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
10/15/07 04:15 PM
Adding Usage Permissions & Need Your Input Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We will be adding a pull down menu (or possibly check box selection) in the uploads section so you can display your usage rights below your work.  We don't want to miss anything and can really use your help defining these.  Here are some examples to get your creative juices flowing:  Non-commericial use only - Unrestricted use - Limited use with credits - etc.  Please post your choices here.  We'll keep this thread open for 2 weeks and then incorporate your useage rights definitions into the pull down menu.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS!!

Edited by jalex417 on 10/15/07 08:55 PM.

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
10/15/07 05:55 PM
Re: Adding Usage Permissions & Need Your Input new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Commercail/Non-Commercial Use

Credit Required

Link Back Required

No Redistribution

---------------------------

Hmmmmm I'm still thinkin' Laughing

dadchamp
(Journeyman)
10/15/07 06:01 PM
Re: Adding Usage Permissions & Need Your Input new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think check boxes would be better so that combined usage limitations would be easier to define instead of trying to have a catch all listing in a pull down menu. That way each person could define their usage option more closely to what they describe in any readme's they have included in the archive. For example, have check boxes for: commercial, non-commercial, public domain, credit required, license free, etc ...

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

adp__
(Stranger)
10/15/07 07:35 PM

Creative Common License (http://creativecommons.org/)

classylady
(Stranger)
10/15/07 08:31 PM
Re: Adding Usage Permissions & Need Your Input new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Commercail/Non-Commercial Use  === yes a must

Credit Required === iffy I think this one depends on what one is uploading

like  example an object that person may want credit, some like myself who do poses and expression  we ask for it but it is not required.

Link Back Required  ===iffy  again same thing depends on the item being uploaded

No Redistribution  ===up to the uploader again depending on what is being uploaded to some people this is a must and I support their wishes, some don't even list a read me file.

Some people do want credit and that is fine but not all of us do,however all are a  good thing to have  some people will use them some don't care they just want to share with no hassle. Is there a way all these can be listed??

classylady/Carolyn

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
10/15/07 08:40 PM
Re: Adding Usage Permissions & Need Your Input new [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yup, thats what they are asking for..examples of what all they can put in the drop downs for users to choose for their TOU.

I second the request for checkboxes so we can choose several options too.

vkirchner
(Stranger)
10/16/07 10:08 AM
Re: Adding Usage Permissions & Need Your Input new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

A good list has been provided, please provide check boxes to select the options.

Thanks

Vince 

irishlostboy
(Newbie)
10/17/07 04:13 PM
Re: Adding Usage Permissions & Need Your Input new [re: vkirchner]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

most of my users (who actually have gotten back to me) request a creative commons licence. a multiple check box sounds good. people should always make sure the user licence is CLEAR to all who download your work.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise