ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 1145699 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Arotech
(Stranger)
01/04/08 05:45 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled [re: LACEnterprises]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well, As a content creator I do not agree with the cancelation of the payper view/ download system. I hope that most of the poeple do remove they're content from the site. ShareCG gets paid by the content being viewed/downloaded from.

I also understand that there is content that some artist thing isn't that great. But i don't think it their right to say it's good bad or junk.

I'm giving the site until the 10th to figure out if it's going to fix the system or I'm removing my content. I also suggest that all other user do the same.

Content creators should look at this as our content build this site, without it there would be no site.

Edited by Arotech on 01/04/08 06:30 PM.

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
01/04/08 06:04 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If my Lost In Space look alike stuff is part of the copyright problem I can pull them down. Nobody has said anything to me about whether or not there is an issue with them but if it's a problem I'll pull them and just leave up my Poser clothing and morphs that were all my own creations.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

jakehellerModerator
(Member)
01/04/08 08:02 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Matrix,

No individual user is the cause--let alone your look alikes. I don't think they infringe on any real and currently held copyrights. The real problem that we're trying to address is people actually ripping off others' works just to make a quick buck on our site. We respect our artists and don't want their work being stolen.

Another problem is people posting literally hundreds of ... well ... mediocre works, and then redirecting traffic there under false pretenses (lying on message boards, using click services). We certainly don't support that, and don't think that they would without the money bringing out the worst in them.

In response to an earlier post--yes, we do make (some...) money from advertising, and our site is 100% user contributed. We do provide our users with a lot of benefits, though. We host your files and make it easy for you to share it with your friends, peers, and employers, and get feedback. We're going to make the site look nicer, easier to navigate, and easier to leave feedback in the near future. More importantly, we'll be offering ways for people to find work through our site, and we have a very nice Flash portfolio that you can embed in your personal webpages. All in all, we still hope to be the #1 CG portal on the net, even without paying our users.

Best,

Jacob 

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
01/04/08 08:15 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I just wanted to be clear since I don't own the copyright to Lost In Space and my freebies are fanworks. I don't want to be accused of contributing to the confusion of what is and isn't going to be allowed here. In anycase, if ever there comes a time that you want them pulled, just say so. Smile

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

ahimsa
(Stranger)
01/04/08 08:21 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

All of what I have uploaded here is 100% my own copyrighted work made with a filter I created.   I include all bump maps with my textures so that is why many are just singles, but with different colors and maps included in the single download. 

What I am wondering is if my stuff is among the mediocre stuff mentioned and whether or not I should continue to upload here.  

My reply wasn't meant to be to Matrix, I just hit reply on your post because I couldn't figure out how to post here.  Embarassed

Edited by ahimsa on 01/04/08 08:23 PM.

MysticBlueRaven
(Stranger)
01/04/08 09:56 PM

<><>I hate to see this come to an end, but I am happy that we still can share our creations with other artist.  Everything that I have uploaded are my own creations, with  filters I made in filter forge or hand painted in paint shop pro. 

onnetz
(Stranger)
01/04/08 10:01 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: ahimsa]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ahimsa I'm sure that your textures are not what he is referring to. I believe its more along the lines of people uploading a single picture of nothing in particular and calling it somthing useful.....

Goldenthrush
(Stranger)
01/04/08 10:02 PM

As a simple criterion, the content uploaded here should work properly at the very least.  Perhaps a "newbie" area where people who are starting out could be formed as they work out their craft, graduating up into a 'paid' group as they improve? 

Bouncing out people using false pretenses and the like to generate hits should be the rule, too.

ahimsa
(Stranger)
01/04/08 10:48 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: onnetz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I do try to only upload the best of my textures and like I said, I supply all the maps with them and have several different colors of each enclosed in the zip file. 

I like uploading here because I can check out other people's shares when I come to see how mine are doing.  The money wasn't a reason so it doesn't bother me that it's ending.   I like this place.

Varnayrah
(Stranger)
01/04/08 11:01 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: ahimsa]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well, to be honest I'm afraid I saw that coming. It's a very sad thing that the idea should be brought down because of people abusing it. And allthough I made my freebies firstly for sharing them and for the fun of producing them, I must say that getting some money was a nice touch, too, so I'm sorry it stopped (though I can't blame the admins for their decision, and thank you for paying out those who coleccted less then 20$, too) - and I'm really angry (don't know better word in english) with those who only thought of tricks how to make the most money with this site without considering the effect it might have on others.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise