ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Shoot the Breeze Here
Thread views: 29054 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Mjvol
(Stranger)
11/08/15 08:51 AM
Converting Obj to Daz.duf files *DELETED* new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Post deleted by teamsharecg

hypnagogia
(Stranger)
11/08/15 04:07 PM
Re: Converting Obj to Daz.duf files [re: Mjvol]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

From what you have said it sounds like it should be working. Once I import an obj file I will assign the diffuse texture for it in the same way you have said.. I make sure the textures reside in an appropriate Daz file directory, in runtime/textures folder. I then save as a scene asset file in Daz.. making sure I select to save it in the MyLibrary folder - so the data is stored here. I then save as a prop like you said, or if there are multiple parts to it save as a scene subset (but I usually change the directory to go in the props folder). Only because I mostly make props.

make sure your textures are jpeg and are square (1080 x 1080 for example) - you probably already know this.

If you do it like this you should see these files in the following locations...

MyDaz3DLibrary/data/yourVendorName/product/terrain_01 (example)

MyDaz3DLibrary/props/YourVendorName/Terrain_01/Terrain_01.duf (and png also here).

MyDaz3DLirary/Runtime/Textures/YourVendorName/Terrain_01/Terrain_01.jpg

If you plan to share your work these 3 folders and subfolders are copied...

data, props and runtime... with only the relevent sub folders present.

It took me a bit to figure it out also - I also got great help in Daz forums. They could explain it maybe clearer than me.  it is actually pretty easy to do.

Good Luck :)

Mjvol
(Stranger)
11/08/15 04:59 PM
Re: Converting Obj to Daz.duf files new [re: hypnagogia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello , thank you so much for your help, I think I understand in what your saying. But the textures, I was always making them png. so I wonder it that was my problem, I did not know they had to be jpg , wow that might have been it. I am so excited to try it again , thanks man thanks.

hypnagogia
(Stranger)
11/08/15 05:15 PM
Re: Converting Obj to Daz.duf files new [re: Mjvol]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

png textures seem to work in Daz, that shouldn't be a problem.

Are you able to see anything saved in your Daz library.. specifically in the data folder or in your scene folder?

Mjvol
(Stranger)
11/09/15 01:43 PM
Re: Converting Obj to Daz.duf files new [re: hypnagogia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes I have seen my terrain in my props where I put it. The terrain load up ok but a error for the textures was alway the problem. So all I would get was a grey terrain and no textures. I have not tried what you suggest, but I am just starting to work on it now..Nov 9 at 4:42pm, So I will get back to you soon. 

Thanks for helping, Cheers

Mjvol
(Stranger)
11/09/15 05:27 PM
Re: Converting Obj to Daz.duf files new [re: Mjvol]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello hypnagogia I did what you said, to the letter, there is still something wrong on my partt. Ok this how it works for me. 

My Library/data/mj_volgalson/product/Water terrain/  Uvsets and  Water terrain orange in color with dson support (that what it says)(Daz creates that file in that folder for me, When I save as a scene asset and then my scene asset is saved in my partion f: where I put together the whole file and I copy that file in the data and paste it in my files that I am putting together in F: drive So in f: I make up my folder like this Water terrain= Data , Props, Runtime. So then the rest goes like this.

Water terrain

data/mj_volgalson/product/Water terrain/  Uvsets and  Water terrain orange in color with dson support 

Props/mj_volgalson/Terrain, and terrain water duf.

Runtime/textures/mj_volgalson/water textures.png

So now I copy and paste into my other computer and then load up daz

and goto props , load it up and then a error come up and says = locate file bla bla textures, so what I did was located it in runtime/textures/mj_volgalson and loaded  the texture on the terrain , Now it seem thats the only way it works, is when the error come up locate from there in the textures and then load the texture that way. Getting closer , but no cegar.Cool

Mike Thanks going to keep trying

Edited by Mjvol on 11/09/15 05:33 PM.

hypnagogia
(Stranger)
11/09/15 11:11 PM

Hmmmm... its creating the folders correctly

Save your scene asset in MyDazLibrary in the C:Drive.. you may need to change the default directory to the second option directory which is under it.

When this kind of thing happened to me it was because of this... so long as the directory you save it to is the exact same directory set up in your other computer you cant go wrong.

I only save to My Library C:Drive. Once the project is finished copy all of the relevant folders from here.

You are getting closer... :)

mahesh1994
(Stranger)
06/02/17 12:14 PM
Re: Converting Obj to Daz.duf files *DELETED* new [re: Mjvol]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

From what you have said it sounds like it ought to work. When I import an obj document I will appoint the diffuse surface for it similarly you have said.. I ensure the surfaces live in a fitting Daz record registry, in runtime/surfaces organizer. I then spare as a scene resource document in Daz.. ensuring I select to spare it in the MyLibrary organizer - so the information is put away here. I then spare as a prop like you stated, or if there are numerous parts to it spare as a scene subset (yet I generally change the index to go in the props organizer). Simply because I for the most part make props. 

provide Jaipur to Ajmer taxi

ensure your surfaces are jpeg and are square (1080 x 1080 for instance) - you presumably definitely know this. 

In the event that you do it like this you ought to see these documents in the accompanying areas...

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise