ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Shoot the Breeze Here
Thread views: 91965 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
12/19/07 10:32 AM
So Many Movies So little Money!! Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Good Lord it's that time of year again and they've released so many good movies I'm afraid I won't be able to see them all in the theatre as they ought to be seen. Here's my list:

Enchanted
August Rush
I Am Legend
Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium
Alvin & The Chipmonks
National Treasure

I mean, come on! I'm on disability here Hollyweird! I can't afford to see all those! LOL!Money mouth

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Panthia
(Journeyman)
12/20/07 07:25 AM
Re: So Many Movies So little Money!! [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

hahahahahahahahahahaha

My oldest went with his girlfriend to see Enchanted.  I figured he would hate it but he said it was actually a good movie.  This coming from a 13 year olf boy!

Me and my youngest are going to see Alvin and the Chipmunks this weekend!  I still have my Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas albums from 30 years ago!

As for the rest.....when they come out on dvd we'll rent them!

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
12/20/07 09:30 AM
Re: So Many Movies So little Money!! [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Oh and I forgot Sweeny Todd! Eeep!

Panthia
(Journeyman)
12/20/07 11:21 AM
Re: So Many Movies So little Money!! [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don't really keep up to date with movies!  The last movie I saw in the theater was Cars before that Star Wars......

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
12/20/07 08:28 PM
Re: So Many Movies So little Money!! [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well since I stopped going to bars about 4 years ago, Movies are my main form of entertainment. Even still, I can only afford so many per month at these prices now a days. Hehehe...

Panthia
(Journeyman)
12/21/07 03:45 PM
Re: So Many Movies So little Money!! new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I know what you mean!  To take my family (4) to the movies runs us about $50, with candy/drinks/popcorn etc......

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
12/21/07 05:57 PM
Re: So Many Movies So little Money!! new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

<sigh> I just saw the commercial! Next Week Alien VS Predator: Requim comes out too!

Panthia
(Journeyman)
12/22/07 11:00 AM
Re: So Many Movies So little Money!! new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yep!  Can you believe I've never seen one of the alien or predator movies!

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
12/23/07 04:01 PM
Re: So Many Movies So little Money!! new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm a Sci-Fi-aholic there's not much Sci-Fi out there that I haven't seen. Cool

dadchamp
(Journeyman)
12/23/07 07:59 PM

OK, MW ... I'll save you a little money ...

I am Legend - Rent either Last man on Earth with Vicent Price or The Omega Man with Charlton Heston. Both of these are original adaptations of Mathesons story and probably better and truer to the original story. My fave is Last Man on Earth, with Vincent Price ... probably the original Zombie Flick that started it all.

Mr. Magorium - Ho Hum. It was sppose to be released back in March but tested so poorly that they pulled it to re-edit and reshoot some of the film. I guess even the names Dustin Hoffman and Natalie Portman couldn't save this turkey from being roasted.

Alvin - CG??? The voice is rolling over in his helium grave. OH MY GOD, HOW COULD THEY DO THIS!!! Oh wait, they did George of the Jungle and UnderDog ... how long before they do Super Chicken too? Hollywood on rewind AGAIN!

Sweeny Todd - Seen this one. OH MY GOD!!! Johnny Depp can sing? No, not really. First half is boring all to hell ... second half finally has some blood and and still way to much song and dance ... The only reason this got made was because it was Tim Burton and he could get Johnny Depp and Helena Bohnam Carter signed. It should have been done with animated puppets ala Nightmare Before Christmas, been twenty minutes shorter, and lost about half the songs. UGH! And next time, FOR GODS SAKE, get Danny Elfman to rewrite those aweful lyrics.

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise