ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 83779 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
06/29/08 09:33 PM
Re: Site Errors new [re: Beatrice]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

My PC didn't have problems with javascripts or ShareCG, but I got so fed up with all the bugs in XP I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled 98. Unfortunately I lost all the 98 updates, so now I have problems with web pages not responding. I cannot download from CNET's Download.Com, nor can I post a comment to ShareCG. Is anyone else having a problem posting comments to their pages, or is it just me?
-David

DavidJHanna
(Journeyman)
06/30/08 01:06 PM
Re: Site Errors new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Posting comments to my ShareCG pages is working today, and I haven't changed a thing on my PC, therefore the problem must have been on ShareCG's side. I posted a reminder on each of my ShareCG pages that I can be emailed from my portfolio. The email link is a nice new feature, which coould be greatly improved by putting the link on every ShareCG item page. That way visiters don't have to link to a new page to find the link to email me about a question reguarding the current page. (If that sounded confusing, imagine how the visiters feel) Each additional page they need to link to reduces the odds of them following through.
-David J. Hanna

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
06/30/08 01:24 PM
Re: Site Errors new [re: Beatrice]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi All.  .... We were aware of the problem, and I appologize for not getting to you sooner.  Our ad system was trying, over and over again, to access a back-up ad file that wasn't there. This was causing a continuous loop and all the problems. 

We got to the bottom of this a week ago and resolved it.

Goldenthrush
(Newbie)
07/04/08 09:13 PM
Re: Site Errors new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Halleluja!  I can FINALLY log in to the forums and post again! 

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
07/20/08 01:06 PM
Re: Site Errors new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We had some serious problems a couple of weeks ago but they've been fixed. Our system was trying to call a non-existant advertisement and kept on looping.

Please email me directly if you encounter any further problems: david.heller at sharecg.com

Best,

David

WilburPost
(Stranger)
12/27/08 09:44 AM
Re: Site Errors new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I've noticed over the past few days that sharecg slows to crawl, and then stops responding altogether after one or two downloads. Is this a way of limiting downloads? or is something else going on?

BTW, this is a FANTASITIC resource!! :)

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
12/28/08 10:51 AM
Re: Site Errors new [re: WilburPost]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi ... we definately do not want to limit downloads.  As an experiment I just downloaded 7 3D models and didn't notice any site performance issues.  It's still responding just as before.  If you encounter this again please let me know the specifics so we can reconstruct your problem.  Thanks for the compliment! :-)

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise