ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 21493 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

classylady
(Newbie)
10/10/08 01:20 PM
Admin or anyone Else Having the Same Problem Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am having a lot of people from 3DC and Renderosity complaining they can not get here via my perm link.  I'm loosing downloads and I am sure everyone else is also due to the advertisement on the home page some just can not get past it. Even Clicking on the link to continue... I realize you need other revenue but gosh why the home page , where we all are loosing downloads..??? Any suggestions to by passing it, short of sending people a direct link?

Now I have asked what Browsers they are using no answers yet.. Will let you when I know.  Yet to have advertisement on the http://sharecg.com  or to my perm link sorta defeats the purpose of uploading here.Surprised

classylady

Post Script: Why is the advertisement showing on any link you click on from other sites??Just asking how to get around it, seems a shame to loose downloads.

WilburPost
(Stranger)
12/27/08 09:40 AM
Re: Admin or anyone Else Having the Same Problem new [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Sharecg is a wonderful resource, but I can almost never connect to a download here from Renderosity, and when I can connect, the Sharecg download link dosen't work. I don't know if this is a Renderosity, Sharecg, or browser problem.

My solution has been to copy the Sharecg URL and past it into a notepad for later use.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
12/28/08 10:57 AM
Re: Admin or anyone Else Having the Same Problem new [re: WilburPost]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This is wierd.  Can you please post a few Renderosity page URLs that have the links in question so we can give them a try to see if we can get to the bottom of this.  Thanks much.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
12/28/08 11:21 AM
Re: Admin or anyone Else Having the Same Problem new [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi --- The site entry ad is set to only appear the first time you enter the site.  When you either wait for the ad to cycle through or click on the link above or below the ad a browser cookie is set  that allows you to bypass the ad in subsequent visits during your session.

More than 95% of all users do have their browser cookies set, however If a person doesn't have cookies set on their browser they won't be able to get through this ad and to the site until they do.

classylady
(Newbie)
12/28/08 01:06 PM
Re: Admin or anyone Else Having the Same Problem new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks you this information it is very helpful thanks for the reply, now I know what to tell people

Thanks Again

classylady

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise