ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 80628 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
classylady
(Newbie)
11/30/07 11:48 AM
To Admin new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am sure I am not a lone on this but am bringing this to Admin to address, I have noticed lately not many uploads in some area's and frankly I do not come here to often any longer why? because of that one major advertisement that takes 20 seconds or so to even get to any page. I realize you need these type of adds to help support this site however I also think without proof many people are no longer coming here if they are it is only off of links from other sites to get 1 item before being attacked by numerous adds.

Question? is it that necessary to have so many pop up adds that take people's time away from actually uploading or downloading,  I also think since Renderosity has limited their free stuff that has affected this sites uploads.

Yes I am venting and I am sure I will be knocked down , slammed and tons of other things but frankly unless you can stop some of these adds you are going to continue loosing people. it is NOT the ones on the side panels only the one that will not allow one to get to another page or even get a download.

There maybe other threads relating to this  but I for one will rarely be checking here any longer I do not have time to fight adds just to get a download or even upload  I would think you would think of the people that do come here daily and do help support this site. Like I said I am sure I am not alone on this

Okay guys bash me all you want but truth is truth.

classylady

LACEnterprises
(Stranger)
11/30/07 09:31 PM
Re: To Admin new [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

No bashing here. I'm with you on this one.

I've had several people email me asking for the few items I've uploaded because of the ad "attacks". So.......might be a less than desirable marketing outcome?

Plus, aggressive advertising is usually an attempt to push a junk product. Quality sells garbage gets advertised with hard-sell tactics.

If you want me to view an ad: make it pertinent, make it informative, and make it selectable. Otherwise and I won't even consider the product.

Kimber89
(Newbie)
11/30/07 09:37 PM
Re: To Admin new [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Do you mean the timed ad pages that pop up before you get to the download page?

I don't see those with Firefox but are extremely annoying with IE, especially waiting for the "skip ad" button to appear so I can get past it... >_<

Personally I hate them, but (I think) they pay more than regular ads so I can see why SCG has these types of ads. I do think they occur way too frequent when trying to browse the site, an ad every one to two page clicks is really off-putting.

adp__
(Journeyman)
12/01/07 01:41 AM

Switch off Javascript while surfing ShareCG.

raytracer
(Journeyman)
12/01/07 02:02 AM
Re: To Admin [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

marcodd
(Stranger)
12/01/07 04:40 AM
Re: To Admin [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

With my Opera browser i don't see any popup (to tell the truth, i don't even see a lot of banners!!!). I love that browser.

adp__
(Journeyman)
12/01/07 05:06 AM
Re: To Admin [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Opera. Problem solved :)

irishlostboy
(Journeyman)
12/01/07 08:28 AM

its catch 22 isn't it? you cant move for people complaining about the lack of cash they get for their views. and now they guys get well paying ads, and now we have advertising problems. i may sound a bit flippint. i can afford to, as i only ever see one ad. the "Art and Prose" one. i guess i cheat, as i have all kinds of blockers etc etc in my firefox. if you want to actually get anything done on the net these days, you need em.

then of course there is the factor that, the money we make is also the money david and jacob make. and their tech guys too. of course they have to eat etc. just something to bare in mind. bandwidth isn't free.

so, we have finally had "both sides of the coin" here on sharecg. now its time to find somewhere in the middle, yes? just "enough" adverts, and just "enough" payment? tricky. lol. and of course as to how soon sharecg can change the advertising approach depends on what contracts they have signed with who,and for how long. 

well dont to classylady for bringing this up, as without discourse we wouldn't get anywhere at all.

http://irishlostboy.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/irishlostboy

Panthia
(Journeyman)
12/01/07 09:40 AM
Re: To Admin [re: irishlostboy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I see the ads....but they don't bother me....they're ads everywhere you go....................no biggie......I can wait for the skip ad, altho, I like the one guys eyes on one of the ads.......

classylady
(Newbie)
12/01/07 10:46 AM
Re: To Admin new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It is a catch 22 and I do  use a blocker which normally catches everything but not the  one add and I can click on skip the add all I want doesn't do any good though. Those of you who have other browers are lucky affraid my hubby won't allow the usage of another browser but thanks for all you good advise. I just may have to install one anyway. Sure I understand these adds do help pay  for the server and I know very well how much servers costs we have 3 of them.

Guess I was just venting a bit of frustration, like I said I don't mine the ones on the side it is just that one. As to  turning off Java well call me stupid but I wouldn't know how to do it because java does not appear so I can't turn it off. Unless of course there is another place to turn it off when coming here

It is just frustrating when I want to download something I can't get it unforunately many time I just close the browers and leave the product I wanted to get. I always rate and comment

I don't post anywhere very much it is just easier to come here as one site to get what people provide to others for that I thank those of you who do upload almost daily it is a plus for the site, it is just that one 20 second add that is such a pain in the bottom.  This is the only place I go that has popups like that one. I guess my biggest concern it how many downloads are you all are loosing because of it. Is it really a plus for those of you who use this site to make a little extra money but basic visitors many won't come back,  I don't think admin wants people not to come here  because of them

lol @ Panthia so you like the guys eyes huh lol

Thanks again guy but I still wished Admin would think about getting rid of just that one.

Good Luck to all of you  and thanks again for the advise.

classylady

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise