ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 83353 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
hamstergirl4444
(Stranger)
04/05/10 05:38 PM
Sort by rating? Grrrrr... Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Today I noticed that clicking on "Poser", or "Materials", ect, resulted in a listing sorted by Rating.  Yes you can change it down at the bottom, but its the default setting for every time you change categories.  I think most folks would prefer sorting by date - and I found it very inconvenient and, well.....annoying is a good word LOL.

When did this start.....and could you change it back?  At the very least, allow us to set our preferences.  Sometimes, change isn't always a good thing.  Thank you....hg

HoboBo
(Stranger)
04/06/10 01:44 AM
Re: Sort by rating? Grrrrr... [re: hamstergirl4444]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I agree - VERY annoing !!!

HoboBo

NerdBird
(Stranger)
04/06/10 10:05 AM
Re: Sort by rating? Grrrrr... new [re: HoboBo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you! I thought I had done something wrong last night when I saw this.

Please change this back, or make it a user preference. Sorting by date allows new people to upload items and have them seen. Otherwise only the extremely popular items from the past will be seen and made even more popular increasing the problem.

-

D. Jay Newman

leoni
(Stranger)
04/06/10 12:27 PM
Re: Sort by rating? Grrrrr... [re: NerdBird]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes, please change this back or make it an option I can set.

hamstergirl4444
(Stranger)
04/06/10 04:32 PM
Re: Sort by rating? Grrrrr... new [re: NerdBird]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

OMG, you mean, I did something.....right?!  LOL!!  At first, I thought I had done something wrong too!  You guys would have been laughing your butts off if you had seen me flipping out, trying to figure what I had broken!  Heh hehe, nothing like being validated by your peers.....

I love this site - couldn't imagine 3D without it.  But when I hit that Poser page, all I want to see is what's been uploaded since the last time I checked - which is about every 15 minutes (LOL!) - and I don't want to be fumbling around reorganizing sort orders, etc.  If I want something specific, then I'll do a search for it. 

ShareCG guys, you heard it right here - people don't like the new arrangement, and for good reasons.....I think changing it back would be the easiest solution - for you, at least - but allowing the users to set their own default preferences would be good too. 

Thanks for listening....hg

3dgreg
(Stranger)
04/06/10 05:11 PM
Re: Sort by rating? Grrrrr... [re: hamstergirl4444]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I agree. It's nice to see what's new without having to reset the listing every time. Please, please, set it back for listings by dates ! Love the site, but listings by ranking doesn't work well. Thanks in advance.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
04/07/10 08:04 AM
Re: Sort by rating? Grrrrr... new [re: 3dgreg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi All ... We are working on a solution now and will report it here soon.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
04/07/10 12:02 PM
Re: Sort by rating? Grrrrr... new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Ok folks --- We heard you!  We're going to slightly modify the sort on the site.  When you first come in to any Display page (after clicking one of the category navigation links at the top of the page) the Display page will initially be sorted by 'Rating.'  However, once you select another sorting method, such as by 'Date' or by 'Views' we'll set a browser cookie so that if you're using the same browser next time your default view across all sections will be the last one you selected.  The cookie will not expire for 4 years, so you'll always see your default display choice each time you return to the site.

Before we commit to this solution --- thoughts anyone ????

I'll wait to read your comments before asking Engineering to make this enhancement.

HoboBo
(Stranger)
04/07/10 01:17 PM
Re: Sort by rating? Grrrrr... new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I prefer the initially Display page sorted by Date - like you had before...

HoboBo

Cyberwoman
(Stranger)
04/07/10 02:54 PM

Why not just change it back to sorted by date as the default? If the only thing to do is save your sort setting as a cookie, then go ahead and do that. Just please, enable us frequent ShareCG checkers Laughing to easily see what's new!

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise